Live Content

Live Content [Paid] 1.2.3

No permission to buy ($25.00)
I deleted the addon
Cause abnormal consumption of resources
Even though I give permission to conversations only
with default settings

Is there a user option to enable / disable it? If it is resource intensive as many say would be good to disable by default and let people enable to limit the risk

What is this UserGroup permission?

Is that only for thread starters to manually enable/disable live threads?
It should be.

Is there a user option to enable / disable it? If it is resource intensive as many say would be good to disable by default and let people enable to limit the risk
You can make it opt-in by thread without it being enabled for everything.

This add-on is made as light-weight as possible, but for many low-end sites this can still be a significant load increase even with fairly safe defaults.

Can see how to enable per node level, but how can it be set to opt-in per individual thread?
When editing a forum in the admincp, under advanced options, uncheck the "All thread in forum are Live threads" option.

This ended up being rather resource intensive for my purposes as well; our server was already being slow and this was changing that to glacial.

Also I had one minor question, @Xon, would it be possible to disable the plug-in if you're on an old page of the thread? Multiple users have reported to me that it is confusing when they are browsing the older pages on a thread, and someone posts a new post which appears at the bottom of the old page.

Could we have it so that the new content is automatically loaded only if you're on the last page of the thread?
@Xon do you have newer information on this?
Many user reportet a confusing load of new posts because there are new posts loaded between other posts.

Something in this addon (at least on the forum I administer) seems to conflict badly with Xenforo Cloud's views allowance tracking; we migrated to XFCloud at the start of this week, and while this add-on was active (even when we didn't have anything live at the time) our "views" tracking went up by over an order of magnitude. I wouldn't have thought this addon would do any polling when there's no live content active, but disabling it made the views issue we had go away.

Would love to help investigate this if the assistance is needed or helpful - we're quite happy with Xenforo Cloud so far, but would be even happier if we can keep this addon! :)

It polls periodically when in "slow" mode, which you can adjust how infrequent that slow-mode is. But ultimately it is going to cause more requests to be generated

It polls periodically when in "slow" mode, which you can adjust how infrequent that slow-mode is. But ultimately it is going to cause more requests to be generated
What triggers the switch between "slow" and "fast" modes? I mean, if I can work around the issue by setting the poll duration for "slow" to something much larger (like, hourly or even daily), that'd be nice, but I'd prefer to know what impact that would have on my users first... :)

The Account::actionLive function returns a 404 when a user who isn't permitted to poll for live alerts has polled for live-alerts. This should stop the poller script from continuing to poll.

It is possible something has indexed that page and continues to try to scrap it, but that really shouldn't happen.

The Account::actionLive function returns a 404 when a user who isn't permitted to poll for live alerts has polled for live-alerts. This should stop the poller script from continuing to poll.

It is possible something has indexed that page and continues to try to scrap it, but that really shouldn't happen.
I will make an alteration to one usergroup and see if that corrects it.

Top Bottom