Live Content

Live Content [Paid] 1.2.3

No permission to buy ($25.00)
this add-on automatically updates the conversations page adding new answers or simply notifies at the top generating an alert?

I would like private conversations to be like a chat without having to manually refresh the pages.

and can you tell me if it supports the affiliate links of the Ads Manager plugin?
I use amazon links and I need to load the Ads Manager plugin affiliation tag in the links before being shown in the conversation.

Thanks

It may support that add-on if it correctly extends the post rendering. This add-on pushes rendered posts and then appends the results, rather than just hooking the page display.

Prior to XF2, I used Chris D's Live Update addon. My members are used to seeing the alert notifications pop up without having to do a page refresh. Will this addon do that?

With this add-on, alert totals will update but there isn't any alert notification pop-up in XF2.

With this add-on, alert totals will update but there isn't any alert notification pop-up in XF2.

So if a user is browsing one thread and someone replies to another thread they are watching, there won't be any red notification appearance for the watched thread unless they refresh the page?

I installed this addon and see that the alerts of new posts are happening in real time, but I don't see the actual posts appearing when someone replies to a thread that I am looking at. Am I misunderstanding what this addon is supposed to do?

The is a per-forum permission controlling if new posts are frequently fetched

I just realized that there are separate usergroup permissions for "Live alert/conversation counter updates", "View live threads", and "View live conversations". Sorry, my mistake!

The is a per-forum permission controlling if new posts are frequently fetched
Just to make sure I'm following (since I'm also a customer of Live Content)....

Did you mean per-forum or per-group? At the group level I have all 3 "Live" permissions turned on, I don't need to do anything at the per-forum level unless I want to override the group perms, right? 🤔

Just to make sure I'm following (since I'm also a customer of Live Content)....

Did you mean per-forum or per-group? At the group level I have all 3 "Live" permissions turned on, I don't need to do anything at the per-forum level unless I want to override the group perms, right? 🤔

I can confirm that it is working the way you said.

Does each function add more server load? If so, I was thinking of turning on "Live alert/conversation counter updates" for all members while keeping "View live threads" and "View live conversations" just for my subscribing (paid upgrade) members..

EDIT: Seems like it's not impacting server load much at all on my sites, so I've turned it on for all members. Great addon!

Last edited:
What I meant was a Per-forum per-usergroup compared to a global per-usergroup permission.

hmm

Code:
{
    "status": "error",
    "errors": [
        "missing"
    ],
    "errorHtml": {
        "content": "\n\n<div class=\"blockMessage\">\n\t\n\t\tmissing\n\t\n</div>",
        "title": "Oops! We ran into some problems."
    },
    "visitor": {
        "conversations_unread": "0",
        "alerts_unread": "0",
        "total_unread": "0"
    },
    "debug": {
        "time": 0.0305,
        "queries": 3,
        "memory": 7.18
    }
}

@thumped probably want to check the XF error log, and if the user experienced a logout or session timeout
not a thing in the error log & no logout issues. sorry i should have provided more info:

the first time the page loads, /live returns a 200 with the following response

Code:
{status: "empty", visitor: {conversations_unread: "0", alerts_unread: "0", total_unread: "0"}}
visitor: {conversations_unread: "0", alerts_unread: "0", total_unread: "0"}

the next time /live loads (and every time after that) it returns a 304 and an empty response; clicking /live in the network tab returns:

Code:
{
    "status": "error",
    "errors": [
        "missing"
    ],
    "errorHtml": {
        "content": "\n\n<div class=\"blockMessage\">\n\t\n\t\tmissing\n\t\n</div>",
        "title": "Oops! We ran into some problems."
    },
    "visitor": {
        "conversations_unread": "0",
        "alerts_unread": "0",
        "total_unread": "0"
    },
    "debug": {
        "time": 0.0277,
        "queries": 3,
        "memory": 7.25
    }
}

i thought it might be cloudflare but i disabled it and still isn't working. i'll try turning off engintron now to see if that helps.

One of the major issues with this add-on is it is a support nightmare with all the goop that is between polling code running in the web browser and the XenForo stack; and somehow this add-on keeps hitting weird and bizarre behavior

One of the major issues with this add-on is it is a support nightmare with all the goop that is between polling code running in the web browser and the XenForo stack; and somehow this add-on keeps hitting weird and bizarre behavior

i can disable nginx microcaching in Engintron for /live (and it's already disabled for anyone with an xF cookie set due to other session mismatching wildness) but it still doesn't work...

Top Bottom