LiteSpeed Cache for XF2 - Community

LiteSpeed Cache for XF2 - Community 2.3.0

No permission to download
I'm on a shared host with Lite Speed. Installed the plugin and made the htaccess edit. How do I verify the plugin is working? Just curious. Surfed around as guest for a while and pages seem to load fast. I viewed source and searched for cache and Litespeed but didn't get any hits.

I'm on a shared host with Lite Speed. Installed the plugin and made the htaccess edit. How do I verify the plugin is working? Just curious. Surfed around as guest for a while and pages seem to load fast. I viewed source and searched for cache and Litespeed but didn't get any hits.

You can confirm that that a page is getting served from cache by checking the response header for "x-litespeed-cache: hit" under the network tab. If you see "miss" instead of "hit", reload the page and check again (the page should be added to the cache after a "miss").

1570715873363.png

Regards,
-Michael

Last edited:
You can confirm that that a page is getting server from cache by checking the response header for "x-litespeed-cache: hit" under the network tab. If you see "miss" instead of "hit", reload the page and check again (the page should be added to the cache after a "miss").

View attachment 211824

Regards,
-Michael
It's working! Thanks for taking the time to explain with a screenshot. 🍻

Nevermind... this is hard for me

Hello again @Agentos,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble installing OpenLiteSpeed.

If you are on a dedicated hosting, you can try posting on our OpenLiteSpeed forum for help installing OpenLiteSpeed Web Server.

If you are on shared hosting, you'll need to ask your hosting provider about switching to LiteSpeed. If they do not offer LiteSpeed, you can also switch to a hosting provider who does .

Hope this helps,
-Michael

@Michael A. Can I transfer my hosting to LiteSpeed?

Please also explain what LiteSpeed is

LiteSpeed Technologies is a software company that produces products like LiteSpeed Web Server ( A drop-in replacement for Apache Web Server), OpenLiteSpeed Web Server (Our open source version), and LiteSpeed Cache etc. While we are the owners/creators of this software -- we do not actually provide hosting ourselves. Many hosting companies do however, with more and more adding LiteSpeed ad an option every day to meet customer demands.

I've linked to the page a few times now but transferring your hosting to any one of our hosting partners (https://www.litespeedtech.com/partners/hosting-providers) should be all you need to start serving your website from a LiteSpeed powered server.

@Agentos

It sounds like you may still be a little confused. Please send an email to support@litespeedtech.com and we'll try and help you figure this out.

Regards,
-Michael

So, just curious. With LiteSpeed enabled, should I disable the built in caching functions in config.php?

For example:
Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xfc_';
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';

So, just curious. With LiteSpeed enabled, should I disable the built in caching functions in config.php?

For example:
Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xfc_';
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';

Howdy @Knight319 ,

When using our cache plugin the built-in internal caching becomes redundant. That being said, it should not cause any issues and can be left enabled.

The long and short of it is that once our plugin caches a page at the server level, the server will serve that cached copy of the page directly so the built-in cache does not get called/checked.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Regards,
-Michael

I have a site that uses wordpress, and xenforo as a forum.

- I'm not getting any x litespeed cache hit headers for my forum xenforo 2.1.6, though the cache module is enabled
xenforo.webp

- or not problem with cache wordpress
wordpress.webp

Regards,
Karim

I have a site that uses wordpress, and xenforo as a forum.

- I'm not getting any x litespeed cache hit headers for my forum xenforo 2.1.6, though the cache module is enabled
View attachment 216829

- or not problem with cache wordpress
View attachment 216830

Regards,
Karim

Howdy @karim-prof ,

You should definitely be getting back a response header line like the one in WordPress if you have the plugin enabled and your LiteSpeed server is configured correctly (Did you edit your .htaccess for for XenForo?).

Here is our installation guide for the pluign: https://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php/litespeed_wiki:cache:lscxf2

If you've already taken these steps and are still having issues, please send an email to support (at) litespeedtech.com or submit a ticket if you already have an account with us.

Regards,
-Michael

Top Bottom