LiteSpeed Cache for XF2 - Community

LiteSpeed Cache for XF2 - Community 2.2.1

No permission to download

Big Dan

I'm on a shared host with Lite Speed. Installed the plugin and made the htaccess edit. How do I verify the plugin is working? Just curious. Surfed around as guest for a while and pages seem to load fast. I viewed source and searched for cache and Litespeed but didn't get any hits.

Michael A.

I'm on a shared host with Lite Speed. Installed the plugin and made the htaccess edit. How do I verify the plugin is working? Just curious. Surfed around as guest for a while and pages seem to load fast. I viewed source and searched for cache and Litespeed but didn't get any hits.
You can confirm that that a page is getting served from cache by checking the response header for "x-litespeed-cache: hit" under the network tab. If you see "miss" instead of "hit", reload the page and check again (the page should be added to the cache after a "miss").

1570715873363.png

Regards,
-Michael

Last edited:

Michael A.

Nevermind... this is hard for me
Hello again @Agentos,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble installing OpenLiteSpeed.

If you are on a dedicated hosting, you can try posting on our OpenLiteSpeed forum for help installing OpenLiteSpeed Web Server.

If you are on shared hosting, you'll need to ask your hosting provider about switching to LiteSpeed. If they do not offer LiteSpeed, you can also switch to a hosting provider who does .

Hope this helps,
-Michael

Michael A.

@Michael A. Can I transfer my hosting to LiteSpeed?

Please also explain what LiteSpeed is
LiteSpeed Technologies is a software company that produces products like LiteSpeed Web Server ( A drop-in replacement for Apache Web Server), OpenLiteSpeed Web Server (Our open source version), and LiteSpeed Cache etc. While we are the owners/creators of this software -- we do not actually provide hosting ourselves. Many hosting companies do however, with more and more adding LiteSpeed ad an option every day to meet customer demands.

I've linked to the page a few times now but transferring your hosting to any one of our hosting partners (https://www.litespeedtech.com/partners/hosting-providers) should be all you need to start serving your website from a LiteSpeed powered server.