Implemented List customised phrases in ACP

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is already possible.

From Admin CP > Appearance > Search Phrases:

upload_2014-10-23_19-3-34.webp

"Translated in this language" will show you only phrases that have been customised in the selected language.

No, that isn't what I meant. That is a very unobvious way to find customised phrases.

By the same argument could say you can search for templates like that:

template-search.webp

however there is still a convenient link in the sidebar.

What I'm suggesting some consistency, so there would also be a direct link in the sidebar to customised phrases so my suggestion is not implemented, there is just a "workaround"

The difference is, "Customized Components" gives you a by style list of all components that have been adjusted, this includes Style Properties. Therefore you cannot do the same thing from the Search Templates page.

The difference is, "Customized Components" gives you a by style list of all components that have been adjusted, this includes Style Properties. Therefore you cannot do the same thing from the Search Templates page.

Isn't a phrase also a component that has been adjusted? So phrases could be included under that link also?

No, that isn't what I meant. That is a very unobvious way to find customised phrases.

By the same argument could say you can search for templates like that:

View attachment 87269

however there is still a convenient link in the sidebar.

What I'm suggesting some consistency, so there would also be a direct link in the sidebar to customised phrases so my suggestion is not implemented, there is just a "workaround"
I gotta agree with @Mr Lucky on this. Just for consistency it would be nice. Thanks to @Maru and @Chris D for pointing out the workaround.

There is no workaround or inconsistency.

The "Customized Components" page is dealing with two types of customisations, Style Properties and Templates.

There's no direct equivalent with languages because within languages all you can customise is Phrases.

So, nothing here is inconsistent.

Maybe it's just a case of userfriendliness and intuitiveness (for people who aren't computer geniuses) verses the experts. So I bow down to peoples' superior knowledge.

I had to search for this thread to figure out how to find customised phrases, I agree it is a pretty unintuitive considering there's a dedicated customised compenents list. Having a 'Customised Phrases' link in the language menu probably wouldn't go amiss.

Does the job though once you know where to look

Top Bottom