• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LiquidPro] Hall of Fame

LiquidPro

Visit us at http://www.liquidpro.net.

This add-on creates a Hall of Fame page for posts and threads with the most number of likes.

I would appreciate any donations you could spare if you like my add-ons. Thank you!

Features:

• The ability to set how many likes post must have to get listed in the Posts Hall of Fame
  • The ability to set how many likes a thread must have (total) to get listed in the Threads Hall of Fame
  • The ability to set how many threads/posts to display in the Hall of Fame
  • The ability to set how many characters of a post to display in the Posts Hall of Fame
  • If a user does not have permission to view a thread or post, it will not display on the Hall of Fame for that user
Changelog:
  • 1.0.0 - Initial Release
Demo:
  • N/A
Installation:
Capture.webp
Capture1.webp

Attachments

Great addon :)

However, in the posts section of the Hall of Fame, the poster is the thread starter - not the person whose post is being commemorated.

Very nice add-one LiquidPro.
For Threads, Is it possible to count Likes from the first post only?

Very nice add-one LiquidPro.
For Threads, Is it possible to count Likes from the first post only?
Currently the add-on uses total likes for the thread. I will add it to an enhancements list to have possibly and option so you can pick which method to use for threads. Nice idea, thanks!

I get a error when trying to access the mods page

PHP:
Server Error

No controller response from LiquidPro_HallOfFame_ControllerPublic_HallOfFame::actionIndex

XenForo_FrontController->_handleControllerResponse() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 318
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /thisis/mypath/public_html/forum/index.php at line 17

Currently the add-on uses total likes for the thread. I will add it to an enhancements list to have possibly and option so you can pick which method to use for threads. Nice idea, thanks!
Thanks, that would be very nice. much appreciated.

I get a error when trying to access the mods page

PHP:
Server Error

No controller response from LiquidPro_HallOfFame_ControllerPublic_HallOfFame::actionIndex

XenForo_FrontController->_handleControllerResponse() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 318
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /thisis/mypath/public_html/forum/index.php at line 17

Make sure you are accessing it from:

To access simply go to http://www.yourforum.com/hall-of-fame/threads or http://www.yourforum.com/hall-of-fame/posts You can create links to these however you please, via a node link or a link in your navigation template.

Make sure you are accessing it from:

To access simply go to http://www.yourforum.com/hall-of-fame/threads or http://www.yourforum.com/hall-of-fame/posts You can create links to these however you please, via a node link or a link in your navigation template.

Why would I have missed that? I'd never get the page error if I didn't.

Some sort of conflict with TaigaChat? It threw a second error for me.

Server Error
Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Model_Thread::canViewThread() must be an array, boolean given, called in /home/forum/public_html/forum/library/LiquidPro/HallOfFame/Model/Thread.php on line 38 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/Thread.php at line 493
  2. XenForo_Model_Thread->canViewThread() in LiquidPro/HallOfFame/Model/Thread.php at line 38
  3. LiquidPro_HallOfFame_Model_Thread->getThreadsAboveLikeThreshold() in LiquidPro/HallOfFame/ControllerPublic/HallOfFame.php at line 51
  4. LiquidPro_HallOfFame_ControllerPublic_HallOfFame->actionThreads() in Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 18
  5. Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_Index->actionThreads() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/forum/public_html/forum/index.php at line 17

Why would I have missed that? I'd never get the page error if I didn't.

Some sort of conflict with TaigaChat? It threw a second error for me.
Can you message me a link to the error? I will look into the error further this evening. We did not see this error in testing, but the forums it was tested on were pretty basic.

Great mod, will be extremely useful to tie this into a mod in which the Like is a drop down where you can label the users with more options. Such as thanks, trolls, internets, credibility, whatever.

Then the "Hall of Fame" has a list of more users labeled under certain fields.

Best trolls, Best thanks, Best rep, Best credibility, Most Internets

:(
Server Error

Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Model_Thread::canViewThread() must be an array, boolean given, called in ********/htdocs/forum/library/LiquidPro/HallOfFame/Model/Thread.php on line 38 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/Thread.php at line 493
  2. XenForo_Model_Thread->canViewThread() in LiquidPro/HallOfFame/Model/Thread.php at line 38
  3. LiquidPro_HallOfFame_Model_Thread->getThreadsAboveLikeThreshold() in LiquidPro/HallOfFame/ControllerPublic/HallOfFame.php at line 51
  4. LiquidPro_HallOfFame_ControllerPublic_HallOfFame->actionThreads() in Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 18
  5. Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_Index->actionThreads() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in **********/htdocs/forum/index.php at line 17

:(
Server Error

Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Model_Thread::canViewThread() must be an array, boolean given, called in ********/htdocs/forum/library/LiquidPro/HallOfFame/Model/Thread.php on line 38 and defined
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in **********/htdocs/forum/index.php at line 17
Can you change line 38 on library/LiquidPro/HallOfFame/Model/Thread.php to the below line? If this fixes your problem I will release a 1.0.1 with this bug fix.

PHP:
if (!$forumModel->getForumById($thread['node_id']) || !$this->canViewThread($thread, $forumModel->getForumById($thread['node_id'])))

Can you change line 38 on library/LiquidPro/HallOfFame/Model/Thread.php to the below line? If this fixes your problem I will release a 1.0.1 with this bug fix.

PHP:
if (!$forumModel->getForumById($thread['node_id']) || !$this->canViewThread($thread, $forumModel->getForumById($thread['node_id'])))

this fixes my issue with accessing the mod, threads show as indicated in your screenshots but posts return no value for me.

Capture.webp

Capture2.webp

also just one other thing, you have the thread starters name and then the last post date/time, which makes it kind of look like the last post was made by the thread starter, if you get what I mean.

Top Bottom