Fixed Links color in admincp footer

refael

I noticed that (visited) links in footer suddenly have a different color

Untitled.webp

Pretty sure the color wasn't changed based on visited state prior to xf1.5

I think this is a Chrome bug. I can't reproduce it in FF or IE. In Chrome, it also only happens on the main ACP index page and not in all cases. I can reproduce it here but not on my test forum.

It's not related to inherit -- the color is just being ignored, even with !important. The text decoration is being applied though, so the CSS isn't being skipped. I'm not sure if we can boil this down to a consistent test case though (to report to them).

I think this is a Chrome bug. I can't reproduce it in FF or IE. In Chrome, it also only happens on the main ACP index page and not in all cases. I can reproduce it here but not on my test forum.

It's not related to inherit -- the color is just being ignored, even with !important. The text decoration is being applied though, so the CSS isn't being skipped. I'm not sure if we can boil this down to a consistent test case though (to report to them).
I'm able to reproduce this in other pages as well.
It seems the general rule for `a:visited` has higher priority and therefore it inherits the color from it.

I was able to solve that by replacing
HTML:
#footer a:link
{
    color: inherit;
    text-decoration: underline;
}
With
HTML:
#footer a:link,
#footer a:visited
{
}

Or simply
HTML:
#footer a
{
}

Very good catch! :) I've fixed this now.

In hindsight, it's clear in the spec that :link and :visited are mutually exclusive (though the name may not make it clear), but the developer tools in each browser don't seem to reflect this accurately, which totally threw me off.

Top Bottom