XF 1.5 Link to go directly to last post?

dehness

Hey guys,

I have used a hidden forum along with some thread redirects to apply custom permissions for some important threads on my forum. However, clicking the redirect brings people to the first post in these threads (these are continuing multi-page threads).

I would like to change the redirects to subfourm links instead, if I can find a consistent link pattern for going directly to last post in the thread (or last page).

I noticed that the main forum index takes you directly to last post, but it uses the post number itself and so can't be used as a permanent link.

Does anyone know of a link pattern that will accomplish this, or have a better solution I haven't thought of?

Did you ever find a solution to this?

With my previous software I was able to link the latest post of any thread with a thread-id.new qualifier... but that doesn't seem to work here. I would need it for a non-XF homepage linking to the forum.

It doesn't work for me

.com/threads/quiz-results.1/#post-99999

I have added a link button on the navbar and wish to go to the last post but it
still takes me to the first post which is a problem when you have 30 or 40 pages of posts, anyone help please ?

Last edited:
It worked in my other forum so I know it can be done but the man who did it has now left us so someone out there
must be as clever as he was and know how to make a link directly to the last post ??

Have you any idea why mine doesn't?
I cleared the cache, done reboots and tried different browsers etc but it still goes to the first post.

Is mine any different than yours ??

link.jpg

Go to any long thread here on XF and click the page nav at the bottom, say, page 2.
Grab the link.
Now you have the link format w/ the page.
Put 999999999999999 as the page in your own link.

That is the trick to "last page" explained above by Chris.

Last edited:
I've done what you said and I've tried all sorts of combinations and all I get is -
"Oops! We ran into some problems. - The requested thread could not be found. "

I went to page 2 and the link was "xxxx.com/community/threads/is-your-forum-being-hammered-by-bots.156431/#post-1298083"

and I've change my link to match that but with all the 9s on the end.

I know I'm probably stupid but at 80 years old thing don't just hit you between the eyes.
Can't you please give me an example to copy ?

Last edited:
Thank you Brogan, that showed and explained it exactly.

You say it isn't able to go to the last post but my other site used to, I don't have access to the man who set it up for me
unfortunately so maybe someone else will come in with the answer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom