1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Link to go directly to last post?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by dehness, Aug 22, 2015.

1. dehness

dehness Active Member

Hey guys,

I have used a hidden forum along with some thread redirects to apply custom permissions for some important threads on my forum. However, clicking the redirect brings people to the first post in these threads (these are continuing multi-page threads).

I would like to change the redirects to subfourm links instead, if I can find a consistent link pattern for going directly to last post in the thread (or last page).

I noticed that the main forum index takes you directly to last post, but it uses the post number itself and so can't be used as a permanent link.

Does anyone know of a link pattern that will accomplish this, or have a better solution I haven't thought of?

2. n00bsaibot

n00bsaibot Active Member

Did you ever find a solution to this?

With my previous software I was able to link the latest post of any thread with a thread-id.new qualifier... but that doesn't seem to work here. I would need it for a non-XF homepage linking to the forum.

3. n00bsaibot

n00bsaibot Active Member

@Chris D @Jeremy

Any chance just for a yes/no if this functionality exists. Basically would like to dynamically link the last page or last post in a large thread that continues to get posts.

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Cheat way to do it is just to link to page 999999999 (or similar). If the page number is too high it will send you to the last page.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    n00bsaibot likes this.
  5. n00bsaibot

n00bsaibot Active Member

Awesome. Works perfectly. Thank you good sir!