XF 2.1 Conversation title going to last post in conversation - Bug or Intentional?

Snog

Is this intentional?

If I click on the conversation title for a conversation that's already been read, I expect to be taken to the first post in the conversation. That would be consistent with forum threads.

However, even if a conversation is read it's taking me to the last post in the conversation. I wouldn't expect to be taken there unless I click the latest post info on the right.

To be consistent, I would think the only time clicking on the conversation title would take you to the last post would be if the last post hasn't been read yet.

Actually, I disagree.

A conversation is very different from a thread, and IMO the current behavior makes more sense.

Especially where I have a number of conversations going, I'd prefer that clicking on the title takes me to the last post and that tells me immediately the latest status of the conversation. I find this more useful whether I have submitted the conversation to ask a question or whether I am checking to see if I answered a question submitted by someone else.

Especially where I have a number of conversations going, I'd prefer that clicking on the title takes me to the last post and that tells me immediately the latest status of the conversation. I find this more useful whether I have submitted the conversation to ask a question or whether I am checking to see if I answered a question submitted by someone else.
When on a mobile device it definitely makes sense to do what you describe because the right column last post info doesn't exist.

However on a desktop, you have the last post info in the right column and that can be clicked to take you to the last post in the conversation if you've already read the conversation.

I guess it's a matter of preference.

Last edited:
Just give my reasoning on this, I have a conversation that is 8 pages long that has already been read. If I want to review the entire conversation from the beginning this is what I have to do now...

Step 1: Click on conversation title or on the last post info in right column (the result is the same).
Step 2: Click on 1st page in page navigation

The old way it was a single step by clicking on the conversation title.

Top Bottom