1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed 'Link Logo to Home Page URL' description text is inaccurate

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Brogan, May 13, 2014.

1. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The description text is inaccurate here:

The logo links to the page/URL set in the Index Page Route field, not the forum index.
    Amaury likes this.
  2. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

I don't know. If the home URL isn't provided the forum index is the location that it would link to isn't it?
  3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It should link to the index route, which is the current functionality. The text is a remnant of 1.0 & 1.1 where the software only technically considered one route (the forum index) the index page.
  4. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

I get what your saying but when the field is blank it does default to the forum right?
  5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No, it defaults to the index route as it should and is designed to work. So it defaults to "/". Prior to 1.2 (I believe) the root / index action was the forum index. In 1.2+, the forums index is contained within the forums controller and the index controller (what controls "/" or the root) just routes to whatever is defined in the options.
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Arguably technically correct as it's still the forum index (by virtue of being controlled by forum software) -- just not the forum list. :p

But worth tweaking the wording to be less ambiguous.