Link Directory (LD) [Deleted]

au lait

au lait submitted a new resource:

Link Directory (LD) - The Link Directory offers you a built-in XenForo link list

Link Directory (LD)

DEMO
User: TestAdmin
Password: testadmin

The Link Directory offers you a built-in XenForo link list with numerous features such as:

• Link Directory Site is visible depending on group rights
  • links can be added depending on group rights
  • links can be...

Read more about this resource...

Interesting.
Few questions please ...
  • Sub-categories?
  • How do you see who is the 'owner' of a link?
  • Side-bar for forum/site homepage to show recently added links?
  • Links are found within site search results?
  • Images can be added? Eg. target site logo.
  • All links owned by users appear as 'featured' links at the top of a category if they are members of a specified group? (I'm think a paid user group upgrade enables the link owner's link(s) to be highlighted

• Sub-categories?
  • How do you see who is the 'owner' of a link?
  • Side-bar for forum/site homepage to show recently added links?
  • Links are found within site search results?
  • Images can be added? Eg. target site logo.
  • All links owned by users appear as 'featured' links at the top of a category if they are members of a specified group? (I'm think a paid user group upgrade enables the link owner's link(s) to be highlighted

1) currently not - comes
2) This is missing in the template - comes
3) Plugin for Widget Framework there already exists
4) currently not - comes
5) currently not - comes
6) I am considering it!

Link previews could be handled like Facebook does it: with OpenGraph meta tag properties.
I am considering it!

Thank you

Link previews could be handled like Facebook does it: with OpenGraph meta tag properties.

You realy want this in a link directory? I think this blows up the link list - I think a better way can be only a preview on mouse over a link. So I can see it, just bevor I click it. :)

@Mouth
Realy nice ideas for the next releases... :like :)

And I will just say - its time for this Link Directory and I have lang waited for a addon like this. :like

Suggestion:
  • Custom Fields. The ability to activate and label custom fields, and select which custom field(s) should be mandatory when creating a new entry. Eg. Address1, Address2, City, etc.
  • Google Maps integration. Select custom field(s) as being address, and then pass these to Google Maps API when a user clicks a 'Show Map' link and the XF window (whatever it's called) pop-ups and displays the map

You realy want this in a link directory? I think this blows up the link list - I think a better way can be only a preview on mouse over a link. So I can see it, just bevor I click it.

It takes away two steps: Extra Thumbnail upload as well as a page description. This could be integrated as a scaleable layout option:
  • Thumbnail only
  • Thumbnail + Page Title
  • Thumbnail + Page Title + <meta og: property description>

• links can be sorted in the frontend by members
    • late
    • title
    • clicks
I would suggest that sort/order by for both click and likes is done in descending order, so that those with the most likes/clicks appear at the top. I think that's what most users will want.

I would suggest that sort/order by for both click and likes is done in descending order, so that those with the most likes/clicks appear at the top. I think that's what most users will want.
+1 (y)

You can change this very fast here I think(bevor next version is out):
  • library/phc/LinkDirectory/Model/LD.php

Suggestion: When editing a link, please allow us to reassign the 'owner' of the link. If user xx add's a link for business yy, and later aa joins the site, whom is the owner of business yy, then I would like to reassign the link from being 'owned' by xx to aa.

Top Bottom