Link Directory (LD) [Deleted]

It takes away two steps: Extra Thumbnail upload as well as a page description. This could be integrated as a scaleable layout option:
  • Thumbnail only
  • Thumbnail + Page Title
  • Thumbnail + Page Title + <meta og: property description>
Yes, totally agree with this.
Whilst adding a new link, it should be checked for validity (e.g. is reachable and doesn't 404) and also pull back the title, description and site logo from relevant meta tags.

Yes, totally agree with this.
Whilst adding a new link, it should be checked for validity (e.g. is reachable and doesn't 404) and also pull back the title, description and site logo from relevant meta tags.
Comes someday :)

I can't add a link at the demo site. Getting...
  • No allowable software found!
  • Please enter a value for the required field 'url'.
Screen_27092015091903.webp
In the standard version only XF forums are allowed to delete the restriction

How/where do we manage these? I couldn't find anything in ACP or front-end. Could you create a couple on the demo please?
see other Attachments

Is it possible to see the table and column model for this please?
Before buying, wanting to see how easy it will be for me to do an SQL to migrate from https://xenforo.com/community/resou...ingdir-link-business-directory-directory.134/
I do not know whether a migration is so easy! An importer does not exist.

Attachments

• Screen_27092015092009.webp
    Screen_27092015092009.webp
    3.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen_27092015092033.webp
    Screen_27092015092033.webp
    5.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen_27092015092039.webp
    Screen_27092015092039.webp
    5.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen_27092015092047.webp
    Screen_27092015092047.webp
    2.3 KB · Views: 17
A broken link is only displayed for the owner. And there see an icon with info and gets a Alert...
and this is not enough? :cool::rolleyes:

but i can this more highlight - ok?

Before buying, wanting to see how easy it will be for me to do an SQL to migrate from https://xenforo.com/community/resou...ingdir-link-business-directory-directory.134/
I do not know whether a migration is so easy! An importer does not exist.

This worked great for me :)

Step 1 (Import the Categories):
Code:
insert into phc_linkdirectory_categories (ld_cat_id, title, pagetext, parent_ld_cat_id, lft, depth) select node_id, title, description, parent_node_id, lft, depth from sf_xenkingdir_directory_node;

Step 2 (Import the Directory records):
Code:
insert into phc_linkdirectory (user_id, ld_cat_id, url, title, pagetext, dateline, thread_id) select t.user_id, d.directory_category, d.website_url, t.title, p.message, t.post_date, t.thread_id from xf_thread as t inner join sf_xenkingdir_thread_map as d on d.thread_id = t.thread_id inner join xf_post as p on t.first_post_id = p.post_id where t.discussion_state = 'visible' and d.website_url <> '' and t.node_id = 3;
..... replacing the number 3 on the end with the number of your 'Directory Forum' node id from /admin.php?options/list/XenKingDir

Step 3 (calc the categories link count):
Code:
update phc_linkdirectory_categories as c set c.link_count = (select count(ld_id) from phc_linkdirectory as d where d.ld_cat_id = c.ld_cat_id);

A couple of bug fixes required please;
  • "Last Links to XF Sidebar" - when a link is clicked from the sidebar, it does not contribute to 'clicks' count for that link.
  • When a link is reported, unable to edit the link if you are not the owner. (refer below for suggestion that administrators can always edit a link, or a new user group permission allowing same)

A few suggestions for the next version of this add-on please;
  • Within the forum home sidebar, also display the site logo as width="48" height="48" (as per other sidebar widgets displaying user avatar)
  • If the user on a link is invalid (eg. user has been deleted) then it's currently owned by "ld_user_deleted" and no-one can edit the link. Please make it so that administrators ( /admin.php?admins/ ) can also edit them. In fact, I think administrators should always be able to edit links, regardless of who the owner user is (or add a user group permission for "Can edit all Links")
  • The heading at the top does not reflect tiered categories. Eg. Category 123 is a child of category XYZ. The heading only shows "Link Directory: 123", but should be "Link Directory: XYZ > 123"
  • Add sub-navigation item for "Recent Links" displaying the most recent xx(eg. 25) links added, in descending date order
  • Add sub-navigation item for "Most Liked Links" displaying xx(e.g.. 25) links with the highest likes, in descending likes order
  • Add sub-navigation item for "Most Visited Links" displaying xx(e.g.. 25) links with the highest clicks, in descending likes order
  • Add sub-navigation item for "User Leaderboard" displaying xx(e.g.. 25) the list of users with the most links, in descending count of links order
  • If displaying a category that has child categories, then in the content section at the top (above any displayed links for that category) have a hyperlinked list of the child categories and link count for each. Eg. https://netrider.net.au/directory/government-and-safety.81
  • Add an option to category settings so that a category cannot have links added to it. For example, you can set that a parent category cannot have links added to it so that users can only add links to child categories.
  • For a parent category that cannot have links added to it, within the categories list on the left-hand side the link count for that category should be the sum of links in all child categories.
Bonus request:
  • If implementing the User Leaderboard sub-navigation suggestion, include an alert to the first place user when they a bumped from first place and an alert to the new first place user that they are now in first place :)

Thanks.

Last edited:
A bug fix required please;
  • "Last Links to XF Sidebar" - when a link is clicked from the sidebar, it does not contribute to 'clicks' count for that link.
now fixed!

A few more suggestions for the next version of this add-on please;
  • If the user on a link is invalid (eg. user has been deleted) then it's currently owned by "ld_user_deleted" and no-one can edit the link. Please make it so that administrators ( /admin.php?admins/ ) can also edit them. In fact, I think administrators should always be able to edit links, regardless of who the owner user is (or add a user group permission for "Can edit all Links")
  • The heading at the top does not reflect tiered categories. Eg. Category 123 is a child of category XYZ. The heading only shows "Link Directory: 123", but should be "Link Directory: XYZ > 123"
  • Add sub-navigation item for "Recent Links" displaying the most recent xx(eg. 25) links added, in descending date order
  • Add sub-navigation item for "Most Liked Links" displaying xx(e.g.. 25) links with the highest likes, in descending likes order
  • Add sub-navigation item for "Most Visited Links" displaying xx(e.g.. 25) links with the highest clicks, in descending likes order
  • Add sub-navigation item for "User Leaderboard" displaying xx(e.g.. 25) the list of users with the most links, in descending count of links order
  • If displaying a category that has child categories, then in the content section at the top (above any displayed links for that category) have a hyperlinked list of the child categories and link count for each. Eg. https://netrider.net.au/directory/government-and-safety.81
  • Add an option to category settings so that a category cannot have links added to it. For example, you can set that a parent category cannot have links added to it so that users can only add links to child categories.
  • For a parent category that cannot have links added to it, within the categories list on the left-hand side the link count for that category should be the sum of links in all child categories.
Bonus request:
  • If implementing the User Leaderboard sub-navigation suggestion, include an alert to the first place user when they a bumped from first place and an alert to the new first place user that they are now in first place :)

Nice Ideas!

Suggestion ( had enough of me yet? ;) );

If "New thread at a new link" is selected/ticked within /admin.php?options/list/phc_linkdirectory, (eg. thread_id in phc_linkdirectory has a value) then add a 'discuss' hyperlink on the link listing where the current 'edit', 'delete', 'report' hyperlinks are, that takes you to the thread for users to talk about the link. Example....

Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 23.51.57.webp

... bonus feature if this "Discuss" hyperlink also displayed how many replies the thread contained, eg. "Discuss (14)" representing that their was 14 replies within the thread.

Top Bottom