Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab

Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab [Paid] 3.8.0

No permission to buy ($54.99)
@Claudio I am not sure why your Soundcloud tags have the domain in them, the current implementation of XenForo does not have the domain in the tag. We have applied a change to support your case so Link checker will not report these links as invalid anymore. Please check the release notes.

@Claudio I am not sure why your Soundcloud tags have the domain in them, the current implementation of XenForo does not have the domain in the tag. We have applied a change to support your case so Link checker will not report these links as invalid anymore. Please check the release notes.
Thank you. I'll run a query to remove the domain then across all the posts to meet the standard, I didn't know that was the cause of these false positive results

I see this on the options page:

Code:
Template admin:option_macros: [E_WARNING] Undefined variable $message (src/addons/AddonsLab/Licensing/Engine/Xf2.php:169)

Any way to add support for checking file hosting links such as google drive, megaupload etc. to tell if they are down/unavailable?

Impressed with the potential of this addon. But I just can't trust it. The checker reports a load of 404's and when I check. many of them are not broken at all.

Impressed with the potential of this addon. But I just can't trust it. The checker reports a load of 404's and when I check. many of them are not broken at all.
I am afraid that's by nature of the project - it depends on the HTTP status code to decide if a URL is "dead" or not, and there is no guarantee that the status code sent by the server will actually match what the user sees, so false positives are completely possible. On top of that, servers could implement algorithms that detect automated requests and show some type of human verification, and there is not much the add-on could do to prevent it, so it is indeed not recommended to make decisions and mass updates to your database just based on information provided by the add-on, and it is always recommended to make a backup of your data before applying batch updates. If you notice any specific case that you are sure the add-on reports wrongly, please contact us and we will check.

Thank you!

Thank, I get it.

Let's say a scan finds a large number of say 404's. How can I manually work through them, as I'm only presented with a limited number of them at the bottom of the page.

The add-on has an option Preview Limit that limits the number of links shown in the preview. You can increase that number to see more links in the preview in the Batch Update page:

1667210352752.webp

You can use the checkboxes in front of each entry in the preview to process only that link:

1667210140415.webp

Thank you!

Just a note to say that your login is not working in either Firefox or Chrome:

Just a note to say that your login is not working in either Firefox or Chrome:

Thank you for the report. The login seems to work fine for us. If you are still unable to access your account, please try to reset the password:

If there are still any issues, please start a conversation here and we will check it further.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

New search criteria - Filter links that redirect

The new versions adds the ability to filter the URLs depending on their redirect status to apply special batch update operations to these URLs only.

The new version also fixes an error in status checker. Previously, you might have noticed there are some URLs with 30x status. Normally, these redirect should be followed and show the final status, not the redirect status, but this could fail in some cases.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have unintentionally triggered an update several times by accidentally pressing enter key or clicking on the process button. is there any way to add a confirmation (or popup) to approve action on batch update?

View attachment 288147
got this when trying rebuild link index
both addons have latest versions

Please confirm if the issue still persists. Looks like one of the add-ons was half-installed, so rebuilding the add-ons in the admin panel should fix it.

I have unintentionally triggered an update several times by accidentally pressing enter key or clicking on the process button. is there any way to add a confirmation (or popup) to approve action on batch update?

Sure, we will implement it and release here soon.

Thank you!

Top Bottom