Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab

Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab [Paid] 3.8.0

No permission to buy ($54.99)
Hey There, having problems with rebuilding the link index. The rebuild job runs for a long time, and then it always crashes and shows the error message "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please enter a value using 255 characters or fewer." I have tried checking the box to delete the index before rebuilding, and this makes no difference.

Nothing is outputted to the server error log. Can you give me any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 9.17.30 AM.webp

Is there a way not to replace dead links, but set a bbcode around it?
The result should be like this

DMLURL]Link[/DMLURL

This is the syntax that is used by the wonderful Link Checker Addon of @au lait - unfortunately it is not ported from xf1 to xf2.

Last edited:
AddonsLab updated Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Delete/Replace tag as tag replacement option

The add-on is enhanced to allow replacing a broken tag with another tag. For that, use the option "Delete/Replace Tag". You can provide any text/BB Code as a replacement, and if you prefer keeping the URL in some form, just use {link} as a placeholder, e.g. [DMLURL]{link}[/DMLURL] will replace the broken link with BB Code DMLURL wrapping the link.

This release also fixes an error during tag indexation, for tags with attributes longer than 255...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Whenever you want to send us a link to check, please send the text. We have to type this long URL by hand to check it, which is not that optimal.

Thank you!

URL: https://rg.to/file/fa89a386ab3e0b34727e5e31c59d7f6c/InnocentHigh.Gracie.May.Green.720p.mp4.html

OR

https://rapidgator.net/file/fa89a386ab3e0b34727e5e31c59d7f6c/InnocentHigh.Gracie.May.Green.720p.mp4.html

URL: https://rg.to/file/fa89a386ab3e0b34727e5e31c59d7f6c/InnocentHigh.Gracie.May.Green.720p.mp4.html

OR

https://rapidgator.net/file/fa89a386ab3e0b34727e5e31c59d7f6c/InnocentHigh.Gracie.May.Green.720p.mp4.html

The server returns redirect and 200 OK status response:

1601141580099.png

As you already know, we can't verify that the link "works", we just depend on information the server returns, and if a file is not found the server should return 404 Not Found response. Anyway, we may be able to support this specific domain by checking their page's HTML. We will give it a try and release an update if it is possible to support.

Thank you!

You may add an option to put just a bbcode around a dead link?
All xf1 forums that use the Link Checker addon from Au lait have a lot of links in the format

[DMLURL]url[/DMLURL]

It would be very nice to go on with this, so the dead link itself will stay as a part of the text.

You may add an option to put just a bbcode around a dead link?
All xf1 forums that use the Link Checker addon from Au lait have a lot of links in the format

[DMLURL]url[/DMLURL]

It would be very nice to go on with this, so the dead link itself will stay as a part of the text.
Please check the latest update release note carefully, we have implemented the feature the release note has this BB Code as an example of how to use it.

Thank you!

Thank you very much.

But where is the form field to add the bbcode that should enclose the oroginal link?

Will all links be changed to that

[dmlurl]http://www.example.com[/dmlurl]

also from the different types we have?

Ok.
[DMLURL]{link}[/DMLURL]

So the text under the field maybe needs an update with the next version. Very nice. Thank you.

Hi

When i enable the addon i got this error:

An exception occurred: [ErrorException] [E_WARNING] Declaration of AddonsLab\LinkChecker\XF\Template\Templater::renderTemplate($template, array $params = Array, $addDefaultParams = true) should be compatible with XF\Template\Templater::renderTemplate($template, array $params = Array, $addDefaultParams = true, ?XF\Template\ExtensionSet $extensionOverrides = NULL) in src/addons/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/XF/Template/Templater.php on line 0

XF::handlePhpError() in src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php at line 444
include() in src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php at line 444
Composer\Autoload\includeFile() in src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php at line 322
Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass()
spl_autoload_call()
class_exists() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 172
XF\Extension->extendClass() in src/XF/App.php at line 2811
XF\App->extendClass() in src/XF/App.php at line 1775
XF\App->setupTemplaterObject() in src/XF/App.php at line 1345
XF\App->XF\{closure}() in src/XF/Container.php at line 28
XF\Container->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 3175
XF\App->templater() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 437
XF\Pub\App->preRender() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 395
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 58
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2300
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 465
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Hi

When i enable the addon i got this error:

An exception occurred: [ErrorException] [E_WARNING] Declaration of AddonsLab\LinkChecker\XF\Template\Templater::renderTemplate($template, array $params = Array, $addDefaultParams = true) should be compatible with XF\Template\Templater::renderTemplate($template, array $params = Array, $addDefaultParams = true, ?XF\Template\ExtensionSet $extensionOverrides = NULL) in src/addons/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/XF/Template/Templater.php on line 0

XF::handlePhpError() in src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php at line 444
include() in src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php at line 444
Composer\Autoload\includeFile() in src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php at line 322
Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass()
spl_autoload_call()
class_exists() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 172
XF\Extension->extendClass() in src/XF/App.php at line 2811
XF\App->extendClass() in src/XF/App.php at line 1775
XF\App->setupTemplaterObject() in src/XF/App.php at line 1345
XF\App->XF\{closure}() in src/XF/Container.php at line 28
XF\Container->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 3175
XF\App->templater() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 437
XF\Pub\App->preRender() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 395
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 58
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2300
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 465
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Please verify you are using the latest version - 3.2.0.

Thank you!

Thanks for the swift answer. I've been scanning my big board with various SEO tools and I've found found that XFMG, AMS, UBS and RMS attract a lot of dead links over time. Much more than forum. Which makes sense because articles and blogs often contain many off site links and images.

Top Bottom