Link Checker by AddonsLab

Link Checker by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.17.0

No permission to buy ($54.99)
Hello, @Daniel-SP

Shortlinks redirect to their target, and our add-on follows the redirects to the final destination and checks the status of that page. Here is a screenshot showing how a short link is checked and reported in Admin Panel:

Screenshot at Dec 26 18-45-54.webp

Just let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

@AddonsLab What going on XF2 Update?

It is still in progress, as the product has grown much bigger than the initial version released, and we have to work on multiple XenForo 2.x projects simultaneously, which makes things a bit slower. We are sorry for the inconvenience and do our best to deliver the updates for all our add-ons as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Its nice to see how fast you respond to (potential) customers.

Which content types does the addon support? Forum posts, profile posts, XFMG comments, addon content?

Last year I suggested features to let members check dead links and alert them about dead links in their posts.
So, as I understand your suggestion is to give permission-based control to all users to mark a link as broken. This can definitely be a powerful tool for checking the dead links, so we would like to implement it. We would like, however, to implement it differently than described. We could show icons for users to mark a link as dead/live. This would increase the "rank" as a dead link. In Batch Update page in admin, you could just have this rank as another criterion, so admins could see only links, which are marked as dead more than 5 times for example, and be able to manipulate the links in batch, setting text and link to whatever they want or delete (the default replacement is already an option in admin panel).
Has this been implemented?

Its nice to see how fast you respond to (potential) customers.

Which content types does the addon support? Forum posts, profile posts, XFMG comments, addon content?

Last year I suggested features to let members check dead links and alert them about dead links in their posts.

Has this been implemented?

The only content type supported now is Posts with some content-specific tools (delete the post containing broken links, delete the entire thread containing broken links). The add-on is built with different content types in mind, but we didn't have any customers who actually needed the check for any other content except posts, so no other content types are implemented for now. Please let us know which content is especially interesting for you, and we will evaluate its implementation.

The feature we have discussed is not implemented yet, as we didn't see further interest from other customers for something like that. If you are interested in it, we will implement it.

Just let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

Please let us know which content is especially interesting for you, and we will evaluate its implementation.
  1. Article Management System by @Bob
  2. Vaultwiki by @pegasus
  3. User Blog System by @Bob
  4. XenForo Resource manager
    We have a lot of resources with dead links in the resource description, because people copy-pasted the description of the pdf's.
  5. XenForo Media Gallery
    Check for dead embeds and links in comments.
The feature we have discussed is not implemented yet, as we didn't see further interest from other customers for something like that. If you are interested in it, we will implement it.
It would be very interesting to me. I used the DLM addon before and it showed thousands of dead links. The best way to verify and fix it is by community effort. I would like members to be able to verify links and I would like members to get an alert asking them to fix broken links in their posts.

1. Article Management System by @Bob
  2. Vaultwiki by @pegasus
  3. User Blog System by @Bob
  4. XenForo Resource manager
    We have a lot of resources with dead links in the resource description, because people copy-pasted the description of the pdf's.
  5. XenForo Media Gallery
    Check for dead embeds and links in comments.

It would be very interesting to me. I used the DLM addon before and it showed thousands of dead links. The best way to verify and fix it is by community effort. I would like members to be able to verify links and I would like members to get an alert asking them to fix broken links in their posts.

Thank you for the clarification. We will work on these implementations asap. For any paid third-party add-on, we will need to contact the authors asking for development license and will implement it only if the license is provided.

Users are already notified via an alert when their post contains a dead link.

Thank you!

Alert users about their link not being valid. The permission should be set on per-usergroup basis. The alert is automatically removed if the URL is validated later.
Could you post screenshots of this function? I am particularly interested how it works if a user has a large number of dead links in multiple threads. For example what if a member has posted 100 posts with dead links. How will the user be able to see a list of their posts?
Can we include a message to the user to explain why its important for them to fix the dead links?

Could you post screenshots of this function? I am particularly interested how it works if a user has a large number of dead links in multiple threads. For example what if a member has posted 100 posts with dead links. How will the user be able to see a list of their posts?
Can we include a message to the user to explain why its important for them to fix the dead links?

We simply use the alert system with one alert per dead link. Here is a screenshot showing it:

Screenshot at Jan 21 15-15-18.webp

If users will post 100 posts with many dead links inside, they will have one alert per item. Alert text is the same for every item, but the link is to the appropriate post. We ensure that each time a link is validated (after for example double-checking, or manually corrected), the alert associated with that item is deleted from the database. So, users can keep fixing their links and the list of broken links in Alerts section will be constantly updated and will know only the remaining broken links.

You can edit the template "allm_alert_tag_invalid_link" to customize how the alert looks.

Thank you!

That will cause problems when a user has more than 10 broken links. Please condense these into one alert and add a page to the account to list all their posts with broken links.
We have many members with thousands of posts, so they will have a lot of post with broken links. Sending one alert per link means they could receive hundreds or thousands of alerts. I do not want to annoy them with a mass of of these alerts. They would think the site is broken.

That will cause problems when a user has more than 10 broken links. Please condense these into one alert and add a page to the account to list all their posts with broken links.
We have many members with thousands of posts, so they will have a lot of post with broken links. Sending one alert per link means they could receive hundreds or thousands of alerts. I do not want to annoy them with a mass of of these alerts. They would think the site is broken.

Thank you for the suggestion. It definitely makes sense for large boards with many broken links, but we didn't consider it mainly because the alert system was implemented as a way to inform users about the broken links they have just posted. So we considered, that admins should enable the alert system only when they have already mass-moderated and fixed most of the links via Admin panel batch update tools. I see you target more community-based moderation, so users fix their own links. We will enhance the product with a front-end page, which lists all links posted by a user on front-end (most likely grouped by content types and content, giving the number of broken links found in each content). This is, however, a large modification and we can't provide an ETA to implement it for now.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Link Checker by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Report link functionality

With this release, we have implemented link reporting functionality. Now users can report a link as invalid, and admins will be able to filter/search links by number of reports links got. Some additional options are implemented in product's settings page to control, if link status icon should be shown or no and if the report link should be shown or no. By default, the icons are shown but report link is disabled.

We have also re-written the product to allow plugin system in it, meaning...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom