Limiting the number of Private Conversations?

Alex

Does anyone know if there is a inbuilt way of limiting the number of Private Converstations a user can have? I guess I'm looking for something similar to how VB used to limit the number of PM's a user could store

Does anyone know if there is a inbuilt way of limiting the number of Private Converstations a user can have? I guess I'm looking for something similar to how VB used to limit the number of PM's a user could store

You can set per user group if they can start PC's or not, but not limit how many conversations they can be a part of. You can also set maximum recipients of a conversation, per user group.

This got me thinking... would conventional quotas be appropriate for personal conversations? The threaded participatory nature of personal conversations is very different from private messages which function more like email.

Sorry to double post, but one of my mods brought up a good point about this. It doesn't seem there's anything to stop a spammer from PCing every one of your members...

But still...they could get a lot of spam out there before someone reports the spam and a staff member can ban them. Also, I didn't see the functionality to delete all someone's private conversations?

Yes, this is a much needed feature... Maybe admins could choose how many "posts" could be allowed in all private conversations. That way there could be a fair limit placed upon members. It is surprising this wasn't included by default or that an add-on hasn't surface yet.

Yes, this is a much needed feature... Maybe admins could choose how many "posts" could be allowed in all private conversations.
Hm, so you prefer to split the conversation into more conversations, because somebody can't reply and have to start a new conversation

Hm, so you prefer to split the conversation into more conversations, because somebody can't reply and have to start a new conversation

Yeah that could be a consequence... Maybe limiting each member to x conversations is a better option. Or there could be a limit that after x days of inactivity, a conversation would be deleted. As long as the member was aware that was going to happen of course.

Top Bottom