XF 1.5 Limit Users to Subforum

Poindexter

What is the easiest way to limit a user or users to a specific subforum? If this doesn't deserve it's own thread, my apologies.

You would have to revoke access to all other nodes except the one you want them to have access to.

That can be done via node permissions at the user or user group level.

You would have to revoke access to all other nodes except the one you want them to have access to.

That can be done via node permissions at the user or user group level.
Awesome, thanks. I wasn't sure which would be better. I'm assuming the group would be better if I plan to do it more than a few times.

Are you on the right page? You need to enter the permission interface for the node in question. It's on the page that gives you the option to make the node private.

I'd like to be able to allow a user to participate in the politics forum but no where else in the off topic forums.

YJhFiwK.png

If you can't view the parent forum, you'll never be able to view a child forum.

Based on some of your wording, it sounds like you were providing access (viewing permissions) to the parent forum but restricting in other ways (ability to post or view others' threads, for example). If you do that, you can control permissions separately in a child forum, but the user has to be able to see the parent.

So I would like have to move the Politics forum to be a child of the Off Topic category and then revoke the other forums, is that it? So where/when does the "Allow" actually override the "Revoke"?

Top Bottom