Like bar not showing up

this is a total newb question, but I'm running the demo, and I don't seeing the like/unlike bar under posts? what am I missing?

Alex

this is a total newb question, but I'm running the demo, and I don't seeing the like/unlike bar under posts? what am I missing?

Alex

Do you mean the bar that shows who has liked the post, or the like link?

The bar only appears when someone liked the post, and the link only shows if the person has permission to like the post.

Liam

shouldn't I be able to like my own post when logged into the demo. I also have the full version installed and can't seem to find the likes on there either.

I think there's some other very simple (very dumb) mistake I'm making, but I don't know what it is?

Last edited:
I know you have a ticket about this, but there seems to be an implication that you're trying to like your own posts. You can't do that.

I know you have a ticket about this, but there seems to be an implication that you're trying to like your own posts. You can't do that.

Hi Mike... ok... but I also created another account and logged from there (with a different browser too).

Again, I think it's something very basic that I'm missing, but I just can't see any likes?

If you have installed Post Ratings you need to go into the ACP -> Appearances -> Style Properties -> Message Elements and select
Show author total received ratings
Show author total received ratings as bar

View attachment 59962
thx. did this. am now able to see the total like and realted info, but can't see the like bar/link when post ratings is enabled... the linke links shows up when Post Ratings is disabled, but does not show when enabled.

thx. did this. am now able to see the total like and realted info, but can't see the like bar/link when post ratings is enabled... the linke links shows up when Post Ratings is disabled, but does not show when enabled.
If you are talking about the hyperlink that appears when you use the built in likes function on the actual number of likes in the user postbit - the Post Ratings does not link. If you go into the actual user profile then you see a list on the left hand side of their profile breaking down the likes that they have received.

Top Bottom