License Display and Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use that argument it is invalid to this conversation because if you super impose this to xenforo it only applies to the rm and the search ... it would not cover 3rd parties works.

If phoning home is the only option, note that it must be shared that the app is phoning home so I can decide on if I am ok with that person or entity connecting with my server.

Phoning how would be an awful solution, regardless of privacy concerns. If the server were down for whatever reason your Addon wouldn't work.

A simple API to query licensed/unlicensed would make far more sense and there really aren't any privacy concerns (until you start talking about naming associates, then I agree there are issues).

You want to look shifty, you and Stewart whatever and all his cronies are shifty. Esp those at xfwhatever.com rule.
Excuse me? I suggest you rethink that strategy since I'm nobodies crony and I find your insinuations offensive and highly insulting.

Dweebs, if you don't like me, that is fine. I am perfectly okay with it.

This has nothing to do with xFS, nothing to do with Azhria, nothing to do with anyone. This is an issue I presented due to the piracy problem here at xF. That is all.

Also, I'm not a cronie gatherer.

So we've now had numerous pages of discussion about this topic. The short response is that I have my own thoughts of how to approach this and several other related issues. I'm not going to comment right now as to what will happen or when, as there are still things to be decided and we're a tiny company and there's a huge todo list. :)

But we've heard the arguments and are looking into ways that will solve the issues and hopefully not upset anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom