License Display and Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
One:
I am not your secretary...

Two:
You are old enough to know when you are bashing someone (you can bash someone without being bold and forthcoming by the way)

Three = One +:
If you are actually concerned that people at xf might think you are bashing people's views, maybe you should take the time and look yourself...like you said ..you have all the time in the world...you said you have no life...

Four:
Saying you will disregard others is EXACTLY the reason I don't want any of this now...your the type to be given a rope and think you are now a cowboy.

Five:
The bolded text in your quote is the reason you should not be involved.
This with my complete backing.

Happy to show that I am licensed or that someone on my account is "licensed" but not to which account as frankly that has naff all to do with anyone on here apart from me and XenForo Ltd.

Same as EQNoble about trust which is why I will never sign up to any site the OP is involved with as you just do not know who he will be sharing the information with based on his comments in this thread and others. If that hinders me from buying certain addons, so be it, their loss. I can spend my money elsewhere.

Wait?! Would this prevent those who have a legit license from getting support from the xenForo community?~! Does this seem fair to those who have paid for the software and now will no longer receive xenForo community support because they did not renew their license??!?!?!!

Course they are getting support from the community why would you think they wouldn't?

More waiting is required. :)

blame-brad.png

Same as EQNoble about trust which is why I will never sign up to any site the OP is involved with as you just do not know who he will be sharing the information with based on his comments in this thread and others. If that hinders me from buying certain addons, so be it, their loss. I can spend my money elsewhere.

I sell everyone's information. :rolleyes:

Wait?! Would this prevent those who have a legit license from getting support from the xenForo community?~! Does this seem fair to those who have paid for the software and now will no longer receive xenForo community support because they did not renew their license??!?!?!!

你誤會了.重點是找個辦法讓獨立軟體設計師檢察一個XenForo使用者有沒有一個「License」,就是說檢察這個人已經買了XenForo。如果他還沒買XenForo他沒有一個理由要買靠XenForo的軟體。。。
主題就是避免一些人發行盜版因為獨立設計師賺的錢真的不多。

No need to delete what you already put... you obviously wanted to say it
I didn't delete anything, if anything I reworded a post to sound less aggressive than I actually feel on this issue or it got deleted or edited by a mod or something I dunno and don't care. I said what I had to ... you are trying to argue with me instead of talking out the merits of the situation in a fair and realistic proposition that suits many.

I am saying this....with license holder representing anyone who can login to the customer section

If​
1 or 0 = (Is license holder) or (Isn't license holder)​

this is obvious...is the user a license holder return 1, if not return 0​

but by combining this...

if​
1 or 0 = (Is because associated with (unknown)) or (Is not because associated with any)​

if this returns a 1 the person is only licensed because associated...you have the option to deny them here.​

if this returns a 0 and if (Is license holder) returned a 1 the person is the actual person responsible for the license.​

....then it would come to the point where you would need an option here at xf where a user needs can box saying I will not allow associated users api permissions...

which would allow a 1 or 0 to be returned for licenseHolder allows api access to associated or licenseHolder does not allow access

So if a user tried to switch it you would have the option with a single bit to automatically deny it and also allow people who don't share abilities but have associated users to still pursue purchasing your products.

You would also need the ability to opt out of the api all together for those who dont care enough to be bothered and want to completely avoid that system. That is where I fit in. If it means I can't buy anyone's addon, so be it...in my opinion it is better than feeling policed when I setup an account in the first place. Which is what I am going to do if I so choose to buy an addon...I am going to buy a new license of xenforo with a new account and buy an addon...I will then use it on the domain I choose.

You would not have a conversation with me and let it get the point where that suggestion would be made and possible follow up points that a 2 way conversation with the general population would have led to.

It's not as simple as do it and forget about what 'regular people feel'. And when there is people who can't grasp how a system like this works and you ignore and disregard them and only push forward with your needs they feel outcast and compelled to push away when you say privacy is nothing and none is being lost. If these are all your friends you effectively represent them to an outside to your group of friends when you speak in such manner. Since your needs challenge my needs my only logical response is to defend my position. You don't want to come to a resolution, you want to dictate. It really seems that simple to me.

I agree we disagree. But I do contest the equality in terms of conversation quality for those on the side of privacy mostly because private type people don't really group up with each other to do business with each other as private entities from each other so they are not going to be collaborating amongst themselves on ideas of how the system would suit them.

What I am getting at is private type people don't have the voice that you are trying to represent and you invalidating everyone who disagrees with you creates a skewed view of reality when it comes to the overall view of the people this system would effect when you respond to every post in this thread. If you are going to try and be the mediating voice you need to be a show a little more concern for the views of the people on any side of this situation.

Either way if a solution has to be built for this it is not going to be simple and still respect all...

I have posted my suggestion.

That is it. If liked, awesome. If it isn't liked, awesome. However, I got my issue out in the open.

Your issue is that that you come across as someone who is not trustworthy. I would work on that.

I don't need, nor request your trust. Remember, I am selling everyone's information. I have your username and avatar.

Again, my suggestion was posted. This has nothing else to do with me.

So, say you were going through your thread on here and you spot someone who was approved on xfs as being licenced but is now showing as not, you'd drop a message to one of the staff here just to confirm.... if that makes sense.
This would be a big no no for me! Sharing information with third party's like this is what shouldn't be happening, and is what I was hinting at on the first page when I said what's his ulterior motive.

This would be a big no no for me! Sharing information with third party's like this is what shouldn't be happening, and is what I was hinting at on the first page when I said what's his ulterior motive.
How is this information sharing... the "associated" or "licenced" tag is gone from a user's postibit, so someone sends a message asking if this is accurate to which they get a "yes" or "no" reply... it's not like they're requesting your inside leg measurement, penis length,or bra size...... The information is hardly likely to enable someone to commit fraud in your name, is it. I honestly don't see what the big deal is, personally.

I don't need, nor request your trust. Remember, I am selling everyone's information. I have your username and avatar.

Again, my suggestion was posted. This has nothing else to do with me.
You will never gain my trust. That is ok. Want my address? Google it and flog it. It is out there.

How is this information sharing... the "associated" or "licenced" tag is gone from a user's postibit, so someone sends a message asking if this is accurate to which they get a "yes" or "no" reply... it's not like they're requesting your inside leg measurement, penis length,or bra size...... The information is hardly likely to enable someone to commit fraud in your name, is it. I honestly don't see what the big deal is, personally.
Because what's it got to do with anyone else what my license status is with xenforo especially a 3rd party site.if Im running a unlicensed version of xenforo the that's between me and xenforo to deal with.

If I remember correctly there's something specific in the XF files associated to your license (e.g. If you have 2 licenses it was advised that you should download the update files separately for each license as some people were using the same update download for all licenses).

I assume that's an anti-piracy feature? Or is it merely to confirm where a nulled version originated from?

I really can't see any possible issue with an API that returns 1/0 for licensed/unlicensed when their XF username is entered and surely that'd be a big step forward?

Because what's it got to do with anyone else what my license status is with xenforo especially a 3rd party site.if Im running a unlicensed version of xenforo the that's between me and xenforo to deal with.
So you're saying addon developers have no right to know whether they are selling mods to someone using the software illegally?

stewart1champ is not selling any of our info or any of that. A lot of you are being overly dramatic. Nothing on XFShowcase that has been exclusively posted there has been pirated. The same can not be said for the Resource Manager on Xenforo. Sheldon and Chris Deeming's website, XFShowcase has proving to be trustworthy and reliable for resource authors. Both of these xenforo members have created or posted great resources themselves which speaks towards their reputation as well. Brogan and ragtek posts there, which is really saying something because at one time they wouldn't even post on Xenforo, that's how much respect we have for XFShowcase.

Can you explain how MS, Adobe, Corel, or any other software company works out who is a pirate or not.
Since I don't work for them, use their sites or support forums, of course not.

How do you know Stew is selling your information?

This thread is getting personal.

Either comment on the issue at hand or not at all.

Any further posts related to individual members will be removed and anyone ignoring this will be warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom