License Display and Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and btw, for the record I have no issue with being shown as licensed. I do have issue with a) it being forced upon people who may not wish to be shown and b) the larger issues of shown linked accounts for a variety of reasons.

How about a compromise? I personally like the idea of knowing for certain that someone is licenced, associates could have an associate tag, but not linked to specific licenced users - except to staff. When someone becomes "unassociated", a simple PC could be dropped to a staff member to confirm that they are no longer associated with any licences, if confirmation is needed for a developer.

What post? I told you, I don't agree with your ideas. What else do you want?
Again...you show you are not concerned with what I want as a customer OF XF, all you are concerned about is your friendship with your 3rd party dev friends. You wont juxtaposition yourself as a person who values your privacy nor will you super impose others view of privacy as weighting to your responses. If it is not with you...you bash people or disregard them because of their view of privacy....when I made my point in the other thread you had it closed...and started a new one.

I stated clear things you will not address...and I am not the only one...

Again...you show you are not concerned with what I want as a customer OF XF, all you are concerned about is your friendship with your 3rd party dev friends. You wont juxtaposition yourself as a person who values your privacy nor will you super impose others view of privacy as weighting to your responses. If it is not with you...you bash people or disregard them because of their view of privacy....when I made my point in the other thread you had it closed...and started a new one.

I stated clear things you will not address...and I am not the only one...

First and foremost, please link me to where I bashed anyone? I haven't bashed, or I am certain my post would have been removed or I would have been warned....

Secondly, no, I personally do not see this as a privacy issue. That is again, my opinion. Some agree, some disagree. So yes, in that aspect, I will disregard others opinion that it is, because I do not see it as an issue. Sue me.

First and foremost, please link me to where I bashed anyone? I haven't bashed, or I am certain my post would have been removed or I would have been warned....

Secondly, no, I personally do not see this as a privacy issue. That is again, my opinion. Some agree, some disagree. So yes, in that aspect, I will disregard others opinion that it is, because I do not see it as an issue. Sue me.
One:
I am not your secretary...

Two:
You are old enough to know when you are bashing someone (you can bash someone without being bold and forthcoming by the way)

Three = One +:
If you are actually concerned that people at xf might think you are bashing people's views, maybe you should take the time and look yourself...like you said ..you have all the time in the world...you said you have no life...

Four:
Saying you will disregard others is EXACTLY the reason I don't want any of this now...your the type to be given a rope and think you are now a cowboy.

Five:
The bolded text in your quote is the reason you should not be involved.

How about a compromise? I personally like the idea of knowing for certain that someone is licenced, associates could have an associate tag, but not linked to specific licenced users - except to staff. When someone becomes "unassociated", a simple PC could be dropped to a staff member to confirm that they are no longer associated with any licences, if confirmation is needed for a developer.

Awesome idea Lisa! +1000000000000000

I already suggested that in the other thread (didn't mention a PC though)...but no one ack'd it...
Basically the only acceptable data for me is this...

Licensed = 1 or 0
isAssociated =1 or 0

Under this.... 3rd party devs can make a better decision on who they sell to, and their business requires no person info from me and xf isn't caught in the middle of it.

A simple way to show that a customer is licensed is being used over at XenForo's direct competitor, Invision Power Services.
View attachment 43193

I have yet to see one complaint about it. At here, it seems like a big fuss about such a simple feature. :cautious:

At the end, it is not up for us but the developers on if they want to implement this.
I would be more than happy with that and I don't understand why its not show already. but that's not what is being asked for here. he is suggesting for more information to be shared.

I don't see why you're so against someone making a proposal. It is completely XenForo's decision if they implement the changes or not, and these changes addressed all of the arguments people made in the past, even most of yours. It's more like you have some sort of personal vendetta against Stewart now for no reason, which is just completely childish.
I'm not against him making the proposal, I've got a problem with the fact that he's already made the proposal, and when people disagreed got the thread closed, and now is back with the same thing a few weeks later.

I'm not against him making the proposal, I've got a problem with the fact that he's already made the proposal, and when people disagreed got the thread closed, and now is back with the same thing a few weeks later.

Read upwards, you see why I requested it to be closed. So, this is an entirely different thread. If merged, so be it. But this will be the title of the thread.

But yet, when I suggest what is only acceptable for me, I am in the wrong? Amazing how that works.
What you want invades what I want and for that matter have right now...you wont listen to anything related to the 'WHY' of anything opposing your view, even though those views come no where near invading what you want or currently have.

Nothing amazing really....just common sense.

What you want invades what I want and for that matter have right now...you wont listen to anything related to the 'WHY' of anything opposing your view, even though those views come no where near invading what you want or currently have.

Nothing amazing really....just common sense.

No need to delete what you already put... you obviously wanted to say it.

I actually like Azhria Lilu's suggestion.

I like... only hiccup I could see is others not dropping a note to show they are no longer associated. Would have to be automatic somehow.

It would be; as soon as the forum user name was removed from a license.

That would almost have to be the case. If required for someone to just send a message, which is still a good suggestion, with certain individuals it would never happen. They could amass a small army of names that are supposedly associated.

That would almost have to be the case. If required for someone to just send a message, which is still a good suggestion, with certain individuals it would never happen. They could amass a small army of names that are supposedly associated.
Yeah, i don't think I was clear. I didn't mean dropping a note to staff by the person dropped/or the licence owner who's dropped them.. but for the developers who want to check whether someone is still associated or something has glitched and the tag been removed accidently. So, say you were going through your thread on here and you spot someone who was approved on xfs as being licenced but is now showing as not, you'd drop a message to one of the staff here just to confirm.... if that makes sense.

I don't think it should be automated. I strongly suggest that (for authenticity) a clerk is hired and has to go through 100 ft of paperwork. Great Idea? :LOL: #xfclearkingoffice #fightscamming

Wait?! Would this prevent those who have a legit license from getting support from the xenForo community?~! Does this seem fair to those who have paid for the software and now will no longer receive xenForo community support because they did not renew their license??!?!?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom