License and dev site

xenTheory

I have a xenForo install on another domain, this is not for public use and only serves for template creation and editing - is this acceptable under the terms of the license?

Also this domain is on another server and I've set standard CPU, RAM and B/W allowances for this account to see how well it works with that configuration etc.

Cheers

http://xenforo.com/license-agreement/

Before deploying the Software, you must register in the XenForo.com customer area the address (URL) at which You will use the License. This URL must be kept up-to-date. You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

http://xenforo.com/license-agreement/

Before deploying the Software, you must register in the XenForo.com customer area the address (URL) at which You will use the License. This URL must be kept up-to-date. You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

Password protected, I was just curious about it being on a different domain but since it's needed I have no choice. Technically it might be breaking the terms of the license in which case I'll remove it but I need it to be on another server for resource monitoring. It's only accessible by myself on a domain which no one uses but myself and under dev.domain.com/xenforo/

Password protected, I was just curious about it being on a different domain but since it's needed I have no choice. Technically it might be breaking the terms of the license in which case I'll remove it but I need it to be on another server for resource monitoring. It's only accessible by myself on a domain which no one uses but myself and under dev.domain.com/xenforo/

In reality I don't think they care, as long as it remains private. I have a test copy of xF on my localhost so it's by nature "protected" (by the router :p)

I don't understand "password protected"
Does that just mean guests/ outsiders cant register, post or otherwise interact?

As Brogan said, however the easier way is to just stop registration, since it's a development forum I see no real point in using the htaccess method as what benefit can anyone have joining a site filled with Lorem Ipsum posts?

Top Bottom