[Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete

[Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete 2.0.5 Patch Level 5

No permission to download
The same thing happens, any idea why this could be happening?
We had some issues with registration as well, which I believe we have sorted out, but I get the feeling that still something is not 100% perfect.

I can use the tool here without any problems. (Beta5)
However, there is a "Browsercacheproblem". If a password is already pre-registered, this can be an incorrect password.

Try to delete the pre-registered password in Browsers Passwordfield and replace it by checking the real user's password.

Hello @Liam W (Member Self Delete Beta 3)

As can be seen from my settings, users should be deleted after 3 days if they do not log in again in the meantime.

Unfortunately, these are not deleted, but receive after 3 days only the emailnote that they would have aborted the process by re-loggingin. But that's not true as I have tested with a self-created TestUser.
View attachment 212232
@Liam W It is the same in beta5, only canceled, not removed/deleted.

@Liam W It is the same in beta5, only canceled, not removed/deleted.

This doesn't make sense. Just to be clear, so I understand what's happening, the deletion is scheduled by the user, but it's never actually actioned, instead it's updated to show as cancelled despite there being no user interaction to cancel the deletion? A deletion will only show as cancelled if the user clicks the cancel button after logging in.

Or is it not listed as cancelled in the log?

This doesn't make sense. Just to be clear, so I understand what's happening, the deletion is scheduled by the user, but it's never actually actioned, instead it's updated to show as cancelled despite there being no user interaction to cancel the deletion? A deletion will only show as cancelled if the user clicks the cancel button after logging in.

Or is it not listed as cancelled in the log?
1571935875083.webp

"Testlöschung2" == TestDelete2
That means I have with my TestUser, after importing the update (beta5), again triggered an account deletion. He was not deleted, but appears as if I had logged in with the TestUser in the 3 days and thus "canceled". That is not so.

I'll do a test now and uninstall the tool complet. Then I install it again and will let the TestUser delete again. I'll report if that changed anything :)

@Masetrix ah, I just found a possible solution. After initiating the deletion, do you remove the permission for the user to delete themselves? Just prior to deletion, the delete self permission (and criteria) is checked, and if the user no longer has permission to delete themselves, the deletion is cancelled.

@Liam W Getting lot of Server error logs with 1.2.0 Beta 6 update.

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: remove_password src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php:157

Generated by: Unknown account Oct 26, 2019 at 12:34 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php(157): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 157, Array)
#1 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Job/DeleteAccounts.php(43): LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete->executeDeletion()
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts->run(G)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#5 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#6 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(55) "/threads/59894/reply?quote=978628"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: ban_email src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php:154

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php(154): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 154, Array)
#1 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Job/DeleteAccounts.php(43): LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete->executeDeletion()
#6 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: remove_email src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php:153

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php(153): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 153, Array)
#6 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Hmm, actually, I may have been tired when I set that option up - it doesn't save the way I expected to. Abundance of caution fix incoming.

Staff members can't delete themselves:
"You cannot delete your account using this system as you are a member of board staff. Please contact a board administrator if you wish to delete your account. "

Staff members can't delete themselves:
"You cannot delete your account using this system as you are a member of board staff. Please contact a board administrator if you wish to delete your account. "

Ok but then why is the link still showing that says "Delete Account"? Is there a way to remove it from just the staff's card?

I don't mind that at all, if they want to delete their account, they get a nice message explaining what to do.
However, you could use 'user criteria'. Add your staff group to the user criteria "User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups:"
You'll find it in the options of this add-on.
That will probably still show "Delete Account", not sure though.

I don't mind that at all, if they want to delete their account, they get a nice message explaining what to do.
However, you could use 'user criteria'. Add your staff group to the user criteria "User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups:"
You'll find it in the options of this add-on.
That will probably still show "Delete Account", not sure though.
Yeah I tried that, it still does show it. :( Its just irregardless of how its coded knowing my luck I'll delete myself LOL.

If i select as result of DEleting requerst e permanet Delete of the user from thye board, this action will remove also all thread and reply to thread created by the user ?

Or will delete simply his account but all discussion and replies will remain in place ?

Top Bottom