LCache Speed Up

LCache Speed Up 1.0.4

No permission to download

silence

silence submitted a new resource:

LCache Speed Up - Caching for everyone! Especially Clusters!

LCache is a caching solution that creates multiple layers to store data. It allows for reads to be stored within APCu or SQLite for speed while it stores the data in a second layer on your database. This makes caching for users simple as most already have these two setup! It also makes it possible for a master-master caching solution that is inexpensive and very fast.

You can read more about LCache by clicking...

Read more about this resource...

I tired can't install the addon, I've got keep error.

Attachments

• ae012c8e68f14affb137c7f0cb3f1dee.webp
    ae012c8e68f14affb137c7f0cb3f1dee.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 7
Anyone running this on their board? I've been running it on my production board for a week now with zero issues but I want to see if anyone has any ideas for improvement.

I would like to get tags working with the ZF1 factory as well as doing a full test with SQLite.

Reactions: rdn
I have it working on my Windows 2008 server using Xampp and PHP 7.0.13 so far so good! Took me a little while to find a latest version of APCu... Hopefully everything looks ok with the values. I put the information in the library/configScreen Shot 01-14-17 at 11.10 AM (2).webp

I have it working on my Windows 2008 server using Xampp and PHP 7.0.13 so far so good! Took me a little while to find a latest version of APCu... Hopefully everything looks ok with the values. I put the information in the library/configView attachment 146344
Might have to mention that you should definately increase the amount of memory APCu can store :) I set mine to 128mb and do not cache sessions.

Is there a list of settings I can load onto my php ini?
You should probably go through and figure out what each setting does so you don't accidentally crash PHP but here's what I use:

Code:
apc.enabled=1
apc.shm_size=128M
apc.ttl=3600
apc.user_ttl=7200
apc.gc_ttl=3600

@CoZmicShReddeR also in case anyone does the same, I wrote an add-on that pushes long inserts into the background so users don't have to wait for the page to load. If you're doing something similar use this in config.php instead :)

PHP:
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'LCache';
if (php_sapi_name() !== 'cli') {
    $config['cache']['backendOptions'] = array(
        'pool' => 'p1',
        'l2' => array(
            'type' => 'mysql',
            'prefix' => 'xf_',
            'config' => $config['db']
        )
    );
} else {
    $config['cache']['backendOptions'] = array(
        'pool' => 'p1',
        'l1' => array(
            'type' => 'static',
        ),
        'l2' => array(
            'type' => 'mysql',
            'prefix' => 'xf_',
            'config' => $config['db']
        )
    );
}

Are there any errors and if you check the table created by the add-on (search lcache) how many entries are in there?
Actually I wrote that wrong could you check for normal errors in the error log and see if the table I wrote about is strangely massive?

Yeah wasn't any APCu errors was SSLEngine on set it to SSLEngine off and Imagick couldn't get it working was shooting out a few errors never could get it started with PHP7 so disabled it and now see no abnormal errors! ;)

Yeah wasn't any APCu errors was SSLEngine on set it to SSLEngine off and Imagick couldn't get it working was shooting out a few errors never could get it started with PHP7 so disabled it and now see no abnormal errors! ;)
Huh that's odd. I had to compile Imagick manually as the pecl binaries seemed to cause me issues unfortunately with PHP 7.1 :(

Huh that's odd. I had to compile Imagick manually as the pecl binaries seemed to cause me issues unfortunately with PHP 7.1 :(

I never recompiled it before I'll have to look how too... I think I might have to stop using the APCu at work and noticed my Apache crashed again will share the logs with you when I get to them later... I didn't set it to auto reboot in case it went crazy.

Hi

What are the differences between this and the default APC cache?

Does this cache full pages or just SQL objects?

Hi

What are the differences between this and the default APC cache?

Does this cache full pages or just SQL objects?
It is normal XenForo caching it just allows for the cache to be managed throughout multiple locations.

Top Bottom