XF 2 [Paid] Speed up Xenforo Site / Server

OakleyForum

Looking for someone skilled in analyzing and optimizing XF/Servers for speed. Currently am running a DirectAdmin server with LiteSpeed, MariaDB Caching, KeyCDN, etc. but still have generally slow page load times and slow Pagespeed Insights which are lowering rankings. I understand ads and similar services aren't helping this, and unfortunately they are a necessary evil. However, I still believe there is work to be done. Send me a PM and let's talk.

Xeon 3-224 4 Cores @3.4GHz
16GB DDR4
480GB SSD
1TB HDD Backup
1Gbps Port Speed
Litespeed

Traffic is ~4-5k visits/day - 30k pageviews

Generally I find the site fairly fast but we're labeled as slow by Google - yes we run ads and maybe that's all it really is, but just tough to believe.

your waterfall is super huge due to ads. I see nothing wrong with your site load at all. it's super fast.

ad servers that re-sell space back until it fills seems to be your issue. viglink tends to be the worst offender that i know of, followed by openx.

there's really nothing you can do about it, except perhaps reduce the ads... or show only 1 of those per page at random instead of all types.

your waterfall is super huge due to ads. I see nothing wrong with your site load at all. it's super fast.

ad servers that re-sell space back until it fills seems to be your issue. viglink tends to be the worst offender that i know of, followed by openx.

there's really nothing you can do about it, except perhaps reduce the ads... or show only 1 of those per page at random instead of all types.

Good to know, had a feeling that could be it - and noticed viglink being the worst. Have been looking at alternatives but not sure if there performance is any better.

figure out if there's a way to optimize the font awesome loading at start - was trying to see why there's 3.
Those little suckers get cached, so on subsequent visits they're not even part of your waterfall. It's not worth addressing IMO especially when you have so much real bloat. Here's the waterfall for subsequent pageloads:

Those little suckers get cached, so on subsequent visits they're not even part of your waterfall. It's not worth addressing IMO especially when you have so much real bloat. Here's the waterfall for subsequent pageloads:

Yeah likely some poorly coded add-ons in there too. Hence this post, would like to cut through some of that.

Yeah likely some poorly coded add-ons in there too. Hence this post, would like to cut through some of that.
I don't see server performance as a big issue for you, but still... The one guy I know who can really fix you up is @MySiteGuy he is simply the best, most reasonable and by far the most trustworthy and straight-up provider I've found on here. He won't screw you and he won't leave you in the lerch. And he knows what he is doing, having been the creator of the ford-trucks forum that is still going great guns. He's been there, done this with big sites with tons of adverts. He can put you where you want to be.

Top Bottom