As designed Latest Activity does not translate :smiles:

Tkec

Affected version
Hi,

I have Latest Activity setup as widget on from page and as in normal setup, it does not translate :code: to smiles.
Can this be corrected?

1574356888083.webp

When I had window like this on vbulletin, it was showing short version on every post. In here content is only text, which is a shame.

Also widget like this as standard would be a big plus for xenforo.
It keeps conversation flowing when setup as 300px sidebar. Quick overview of whole current posting form main screen.
But there is would be option to hide unwanted categories from this feed needed.

We just only aim to display a simple plain text snippet there and do not attempt to render media, smilies or other formatting.

We just only aim to display a simple plain text snippet there and do not attempt to render media, smilies or other formatting.

The aim might be outdated, it limits what is possible to do. Those day simple text does not exist on the internet.

@Chris D Such waste again (after 2.2 check)
As I have small forum. Less than 200 people. I am able do do sidebar window displaying latest post with content thanks to downloaded 'latest activity widget' plugin... but is should not be like that...
It was so much easier in vbulletin. Yes ,****ty buggy engine, but this one solution was brilliant.
I was able to do sidebar window for each category !!! displaying latest written posts with text and graphics content.
, thanks to simple option to choose specific forums (you do that sometimes) and option do display latest post with content (limited to some lenght which makes sense for sidebar) . This is brilliant to maintain flow of conversation at small forums !!! Think guys....!!! Just a title of the post and date is not enough.... or option Full of... first post content... what the point?! Who wants to read first point again
And this would be so easy to update for you, but there is no will... and I have main screen widget only, without even simple emoticons translation... But surprise surprise, reactions do work in latest activity, even animated!? Lubię = Like, w = in
reaction.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom