Fixed Renaming admin navigation does not trigger template/phrase rebuild

Lukas W.

Affected version
2.0.0 Beta 2
I've came accross this a few times now. When creating an admin template that is directly linked to the admin navigation I tend to use the phrase from the admin navigation entry as page title, for example <xf:title>{{ phrase('admin_navigation.emTemplates') }}</xf:title>. However, when I rename the admin navigation later on via admin.php?admin-navigation/, the template does not get updated and stays the old one, until I enter the template editor and resave the template (or trigger template rebuilding in another way).

oa8IJri.webp

Edit: It actually looks like the rebuild is always one step behind the renaming. I just switched back from (Test) to the normal one and now it says (Test) in the template.

I can confirm your observation about the rebuild being one step behind the renaming - this is the result of updating the template to use the admin navigation phrase (which we don't do in the standard shipping code, FWIW), then updating the text of the navigation title once, refreshing the log page (no changes evident), editing the title again and refreshing again, at which point I saw the text from my first edit. Most odd.

1505919568211.webp

1505919579330.webp

Top Bottom