XF 1.0 KnownSRV.com + XenForo, So Slow.

derdude

Hello,

I have a Webspace Packet of www.knownsrv.com! I installed XenForo 1.0.4, but it took a long time (30 Minutes) until I had it installed. It always stuck at Creating Phrases. And NOW, when i try to install or remove a Addon/Mod, it tooks me again a long time, sometimes it doesn`t work either.

My Question: Is this a XenForo or KnownSRV.com Proplem?

:(

These are likely down to very slow writes to the database. I believe this is caused by a misconfiguration (or lack of configuration) of MySQL, specifically with InnoDB. I've only ever seen it on some VPSes (but not all).

These are likely down to very slow writes to the database. I believe this is caused by a misconfiguration (or lack of configuration) of MySQL, specifically with InnoDB. I've only ever seen it on some VPSes (but not all).

Mike, do you have a recommended InnoDB configuration for mySQL for running XF, out of interest?

These are good basics: http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2007/11/01/innodb-performance-optimization-basics/
Obviously you need to scale down to your hardware and also consider what's going on with your box. (Are you using MyISAM significantly? Is it a web server as well?)
Thanks for that link - just what I was after :) tbh, most of the db usage on the server at the moment is from the two vb forums, the other sites cache their data on the filesystem to reduce the query load.

Top Bottom