KnownHost Server Configuration?

WTF do you need all that for? That's half the internet of a small country.
Because I wanted it and can afford it. ;)
I have each forum duplicated currently on the other servers - so if one of them craters big time it's a simple matter of just changing the DNS entry and I'm back up running as soon as it propagates.

Reactions: DRE
So 8thos.com is down right now because you're moving over to Knownhost? Or at least trying to. :p

He came in here with his rocket launchers making me feel like I'm playing with bb guns.
Hey, I progressed from HostGator shared host (was with them a few months), then went to a VPS and used it for about a month and then got the dedicated server bug - what can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment. :eek:
Luckily I have some knowledge from working in the field (and playing with the stuff for MANY years at home - Slackware was my first foray into Linux when it was about the only flavor out and it is about the oldest still being maintained).

And I woulda said Trident II's. :p

So 8thos.com is down right now because you're moving over to Knownhost? Or at least trying to. :p
They were trying to move it and I asked them to stop since some issues kept popping up. I'll just hire someone to do it. He's not online right now so it's down for the moment. Honestly not in a rush because my importers aren't finished yet. I need to import my Better Blogs to threads and XenMedio to threads. Asked @sonnb if he could make a XenGallery to XenGallery importer.

Looking to get there SSD-2 package.. Texas Servers

Knownhost said:
Our SSD packages are only available in our Texas data center. Since your current VPS is located in our California data center, if you want to move to an SSD, you would need to place an order via our website for the SSD-2 and the signup invoice would need to be paid at the time the order is made. You'll get all new IPs with the new SSD.

When the SSD has been provisioned and you've received the welcome email with your login details, you'd need to open a ticket with our Technical Support team and request the migration from your existing VPS to the SSD. After the migration is completed, you will have to let us know here in Sales that you're ready to cancel the VPS. When we cancel the VPS, we'll add a prorated credit to your account for the balance of the current billing period so you'll only be paying for both packages while both need to be active.

Once you've reviewed the above information, let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can do to assist.

My servers are atom bombs compared :p Were in the same data center but mine are massive upgrades :p
Yeah, and it's ALL YOUR FAULT ( I tell my wife all the time when she comments on how much I'm spending - Blame it on @Mike Edge :D)!
I'm still toying with upping all the servers by a minimum of 12GB RAM and moving one of the two two main production servers over to 256GB SSD's, going to maximum # of 2TB drives in the second (since I see a LOT of graphics potential for those two forums) and purchasing two dedicated hardware raid cards to have them installed in them.

Yeah, and it's ALL YOUR FAULT ( I tell my wife all the time when she comments on how much I'm spending - Blame it on @Mike Edge :D)!
I'm still toying with upping all the servers by a minimum of 12GB RAM and moving one of the two two main production servers over to 256GB SSD's, going to maximum # of 2TB drives in the second (since I see a LOT of graphics potential for those two forums) and purchasing two dedicated hardware raid cards to have them installed in them.

Well your wife can thank me that they are fully out of RAM upgrades til they stock more.. I was selfish and left you none :P

FWIW I've been with Knownhost for three years and they've been superb. I've had one occasion of downtime which was due to a datacentre fire or something (I don't remember it was over a year ago), anytime I've needed anything doing it's been done with 15 minutes of asking, their Support Team is excellent. I have nothing bad to say about them.

FWIW I've been with Knownhost for three years and they've been superb. I've had one occasion of downtime which was due to a datacentre fire or something (I don't remember it was over a year ago), anytime I've needed anything doing it's been done with 15 minutes of asking, their Support Team is excellent. I have nothing bad to say about them.
I asked them to move my forum over. The person handling my ticket was like... send me a list of the folders you want moved over.

Really?

I asked them to move my forum over. The person handling my ticket was like... send me a list of the folders you want moved over.

Really?
How did you phrase it? You should have just asked for a site transfer. If all you asked was for the forum to be moved, then of course they'll ask for the folders.

How many ways must one phrase, please move my site over?

They kept asking for root access, I gave them my ftp.

That wasn't enough, but somehow at least Matt's getting it done.

How many ways must one phrase, please move my site over?

They kept asking for root access, I gave them my ftp.

That wasn't enough, but somehow at least Matt's getting it done.
Root access is not FTP access. If you're not giving them the correct information, there's very little they can do to help you.

Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom