• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • You mean that LEGO-like thing?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Eoj Nawoh

So I'm interested to see if anyone really knows what these are.

I'm interested since I'm working for K'NEX currently as an intern, and wanted to see if people knew of them.

I personally didn't know much about them, I was always a LEGO kid. Loved em, have thousands of them & never played with K'NEX. Whoops.

I'm a grown adult and still like legos and jigsaw puzzles. Moreso the latter though. It keeps your mind thinking out of the box and causes you to actually think instead of spending the next 50 years after your early years on autopilot.

I still remember those from pre-school so...
If you look up K'Nex... you'll find that they are Lincoln Logs (Guess just a new name since kids probably don't know Abe's history)... I didn't know what they were until I Google'd it - which I did after I made that post.

My brother and I loved to play with them... but so did the dogs. Thought they were chew toys!

If you look up K'Nex... you'll find that they are Lincoln Logs (Guess just a new name since kids probably don't know Abe's history)... I didn't know what they were until I Google'd it - which I did after I made that post.

My brother and I loved to play with them... but so did the dogs. Thought they were chew toys!

Well, sorta. K'NEX bought the rights to Lincoln Logs.

Loved k'nex when I was young, far better than lego etc. Much more engineering focused than just art/creativity

I think the Lego "Technic" was a closer competitor to K'Nex then regular Legos... I personally used to switch between Legos and Construx every few months as a kid. Construx was a lot easier to make BIG stuff, needed less parts- but Lego always won out for detailed work. Plus there was "Capsela" when I wanted something for the pool.

What are Legos? Anything like Lincoln Logs? :p

Telling my age there now aren't I?
How do you not know what legos are? You've never stepped on sharp pieces of plastic when your boys were young? :o The legos of today are so much better than the stuff we had when I was a kid, near the middle of the last century. Not a clue what a Lincoln Log is, but after a quick Google I can't say I've ever seen this kind of connector toy. I was a big fan of using dominos and jenga pieces to build houses and towers.

How do you not know what legos are? You've never stepped on sharp pieces of plastic when your boys were young? :eek: The legos of today are so much better than the stuff we had when I was a kid, near the middle of the last century. Not a clue what a Lincoln Log is, but after a quick Google I can't say I've ever seen this kind of connector toy. I was a big fan of using dominos and jenga pieces to build houses and towers.

I disagree as to legos are better today, now-a-days you can't just buy a pack of legos and let your imagination do your work you get kits that have parts specifically molded for that kit and if you lose a piece of it you're screwed.

Legos should be something you build up, have fun destroy it and build something new the next day :D

Granted... my kid probably has like $1000 worth of lego sets through his "nana" that likes to spoil him :D

It's always been like that. You need to go to larger warehouse style stores. They've got big containers of loose parts, as do K-Nex. Can't get that elsewhere. I remember being in a Costco like store sometime between 88 and 89 and finding a 5,000 piece container of K-Nex like pieces. They weren't K-Nex but looked like them. I still see the occasional big container but they can be pricy.

How do you not know what legos are? You've never stepped on sharp pieces of plastic when your boys were young? :eek: The legos of today are so much better than the stuff we had when I was a kid, near the middle of the last century. Not a clue what a Lincoln Log is, but after a quick Google I can't say I've ever seen this kind of connector toy. I was a big fan of using dominos and jenga pieces to build houses and towers.
Heck... they were invented in 1916... and back when I was a kid (in the late 60's) they were THE building toy to have.. then you progressed to the Erector Sets. ;)
I know what Lego's were.. we purchased boxes and boxes and tubs & tubs full of 'em for the boy. He loved building stuff out of them. He learned about leaving them laying around. After the third time we stepped on one at night and said wirty dords they were given to another kid... then he was without for a few months and we started getting them for him again. He never left 'em out after that.

How do you not know what legos are? You've never stepped on sharp pieces of plastic when your boys were young? :eek: .
Here ya go. Was doing some house cleaning and found these. Some of them are at least 18 years old.
image.webp

Top Bottom