1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinetic Uploader [imgur] [Paid] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Kinetic, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Kinetic submitted a new resource:

Kinetic Uploader [imgur] (version 1.0.0) - Adds upload button to imgur which will remotely upload image and then provide image URL.

Read more about this resource...

2. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

Great concept! Can this let you upload images via mobile device? That is a huge feature currently missing from XF that you can currently only solve with an app from forum runner or tapatalk...

3. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

This uploader is fully compatible with all up-to-date mobile browsers, confirmed working on Chrome with Android myself however the technology used is supported by the latest version of Safari, Firefox and Opera mobile as well.

Sorry, i actually forgot to add that to the post!

4. Badboy

Badboy Member

Hey,

How can i get Updates for your Addons, when i buy it? Do you send out Emails with the Products?

5. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Hey Badboy,

Any updates will be emailed out to you when they are released.

Badboy likes this.
  6. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Why is this addon "PAID" when imgur is FREE?

7. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

The addon is in no way affiliated with Imgur, it does however use the Imgur API, you are paying for the addon, not the image hosting.

8. Rho Delta

Any way you could move the imgur button to here and size it the same as the other buttons so it looks a bit cleaner?

[​IMG]

9. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Where it is, is the nearest hook i could get, i'll take a look at it though and yes i'll add alternate style options as well.

10. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

Is there a functionality demo available?

11. Rho Delta

Sweet, if one could be a style that takes the parent theme but uses the imgur font for the button, that would be pretty cool! I will buy once these options are included.

12. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Not at this time, i shall make a video showing the functionality in the next week once i have released an update.

Yeh, that's fine, i plan to update it over the weekend with some changes i have been tinkering with since release.

Pereira likes this.
  13. zadow

zadow Member

Very nice plugin, gonna save my server huge space, hope in an update, it can be added to the post bar as an icon. thx for the nice work

14. Rho Delta

Along these lines it might be an interesting idea to have an option to disable image uploads if you cant already do this and force ALL images to be uploaded via imgur.

15. zadow

zadow Member

yes indeed, then it should be an admin option to switch between those options.Problem would be if imgur got closed ,all your pictures would be lost forever, have to take that into considaration also.
    MMh not sure actuelly, if you leave the option to the users you are in the clear.

16. principia

principia Well-Known Member

is this possible for flickr?

17. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Like i said in the original post, if the interest in the addon is here and it picks up i will be more than happy to look at other hosting solutions, flickr has a reasonable API so it shouldn't be too had adding this.

principia likes this.
  18. zadow

zadow Member

Is it possible to add weburls, for imgur, if there comes an update.

19. Kinetic

Kinetic Active Member

Yeh this can be added, the forum code is hyperlinked with the imgur weburl.

zadow likes this.
  20. arms

arms Active Member

does this do thumbnails and click to enlarge?

RoldanLT likes this.