KAM - Please revisit the past

What also reduces similar threads is to change the way questions are being asked. Like the many answer sites have a question search bar where the user needs to fill in their question first. Only when no suited answer comes up, the question is posted.

Its interesting to see that uservoice (popular suggestions software) takes the same approach.

You seem to be forgetting that JIRA is not just a bug tracker, but also a suggestions tracker. I have seen great suggestions from users who are not tech savvy. Especially because the end product needs to be user friendly to people who are not tech savvy. Community software needs to be granny-proof, so 'grannies' should be able to put in their 2-cents when it comes to suggestions. JIRA excludes people who are not tech savvy.
I'm not a granny, just a noob, so when I joined vBulletin and started my first vBulletin forum, Jira was a nightmare. The actual support forums were way more easier to understand and use. Now fast-forward almost two years later and I'm not as noobish, when I look at Jira, that software still sucks to me. Maybe it's cause of the traumatizing effect of when I was a noob, that it's embedded in my psyche that software is completely freakin horrible.

Yeah Jira sucks, the only cool thing I liked about are the graphs. Overall, prefix does the job for me. We really need a related thread feature, this allow the user to discover new thread and prevent duplicate thread

Reactions: DRE
You seem to be forgetting that JIRA is not just a bug tracker, but also a suggestions tracker. I have seen great suggestions from users who are not tech savvy. Especially because the end product needs to be user friendly to people who are not tech savvy. Community software needs to be granny-proof, so 'grannies' should be able to put in their 2-cents when it comes to suggestions. JIRA excludes people who are not tech savvy.

JIRA is primarily designed with developers / project personnel and not standard users in mind, the licensing costs pretty much contributes to this.

There are much more efficient ways of collecting user suggestions. JIRA is not community software.

JIRA is primarily designed with developers / project personnel and not standard users in mind, the licensing costs pretty much contributes to this.

There are much more efficient ways of collecting user suggestions. JIRA is not community software.
Indeed. But it also does not make sense to use multiple solutions for bug tracking and suggestions. Suggestions software needs to be user friendly, so that excludes JIRA. It cant hurt to have user friendly bug tracking software as well if the goal is to receive all bug reports.

It's not aimed at you. But I find it great at repelling those who shouldn't be using it.
That's the draw back of a system like JIRA or any tracker for that matter.... Development can just easily close something they don't want to be bothered with. Which at first may sound nice, except the "issue" maybe the will of the community at large (not just 1 individual).

I'm for balance... And the larger balance which is wrongfully done by most developments... Is they lose touch by ignoring what people want, because there is a system in place making it easier for them to do so.

Top Bottom