Just wanted to thank the Xenforo Staff/Developers

I offered, but I haven't gotten a call yet. :ROFLMAO:
They REALLY need a PR person.. I thought that at one point they had "hired/integrated" someone for that? I would honestly think that someone hired in an "administrative" capacity would possibly have some PR chops behind them.... but I guess we have entered the age of specialization.

@Tracy Perry ok, this stops now. What you're doing is classic trolling behaviour which will never stop. It doesn't matter what I reply to you, you'll just carry on throwing more rubbish my way, strawman arguments and twisting what I say, refusing to understand a very simple point that a child could understand. Think what you like, I really don't care. I now regret trying to help you out in post 23, my bad. Oh look, a post number just proved handy. Who knew?

They REALLY need a PR person.. I thought that at one point they had "hired/integrated" someone for that? I would honestly think that someone hired in an "administrative" capacity would possibly have some PR chops behind them.... but I guess we have entered the age of specialization.

I mean, looking back over the last few years that would have definitely been helpful but had they kept up with some kind of regular release schedule we wouldn't be having this conversation. I think once the new release schedule starts, and we start seeing more frequent HYSs, we won't care if they have a paid PR spokesperson or not. In fact, if they keep up with regular releases like they're saying now, we'll all be their PR spokespersons.

giphy.gif

Until their increased workloads took over, both @Kier and @Chris D helped out, especially in the dev forums.
@Chris D has the second highest post count in the forum.
And honestly @Brogan .. how many of us "normal license holders" hang out in the developers forum?
Who do you think brings more funds into the direct XF coffers.. a developer that is found AFTER someone gets a license, or a first time license buyer who has no real concern with "developers".
You want' to compare "post numbers"? I'm simply a poor slub who has bough a license and participate here with no financial incentive, and I'm ranked 11th in that metric... so your point is?
Want to compare reaction score.. I'm ranked #17.
Want to rank solutions.. I'm #10.
Want to rank "most points"... I'm #8.

So please, let's not play that game.

Last edited:
Getting really close to ending this thread. Bring it to a conclusion please.
Now that XF has somewhat committed.. great.. hopefully it won't be the 12+ months after the last "comment" before we see movement..
Honestly @Kier, many of us (myself included) had a LOT more faith in you and XenForo... and the silence did more damage than you probably realize...
After reading your post about one of the reasons of the delay (and no, I don't 100% buy it).. I more likely will go ahead and move my SMF site over to XF... if ya'll poop on the sheets and fail to bring anything forward in the next 12 months... then I'll simply move that site (if not all) over to another provider... I really hope that's not the road that I have to go down.

Screen Shot 2023-07-17 at 1.46.33 PM.png

No, I still have to convert it over... but I have a renewed license AND added XFES to it. Have XFRM on it, but don't see a use for it, but will still continue to pay for it.

Last edited:
You want' to compare "post numbers"? I'm simply a poor slub who has bough a license and participate here with no financial incentive, and I'm ranked 11th in that metric... so your point is?
You are the one who keeps harping on about your post count.
So now it's not relevant when I mention someone else's?
Specifically someone who has made thousands of posts helping customers in all areas of the forum, including pre-sales, support, and development.
Make your mind up.

As for this:

I would prefer that they engage a professional that can interact in a knowledgeable way with their license holders.. it doesn't "require" it to be a developer.. hell, it doesn't even require it to be a direct XenForo employee... they could easily outside contract to do so..

I thought your complaint was the lack of updates and that words and statements were meaningless without the progress on development to back it up.

After 3 years... and 12 months since our last "promise" of an upcoming HYS in "weeks"... I would have already expected to see a HYS... or at least updates why we HAVEN'T seen them after being promised them.. anybody able to point the "mea culpa" post out to me that details why that promise wasn't kept?

Exactly... and I can promise you that I'm not the only one in that "shoe".... there are others that are not NEAR the proponent for XF that I am (and have been) that have NO issues with kicking XenForo to the curb for their lack of responsiveness and advancement, even for an existing site...

For paid.. the only "current valid" solutions that are moving forward are WoltLab and IPS... sadly Xenforo is sucking hind teat.

hopefully it won't be the 12+ months after the last "comment" before we see movement..
if ya'll poop on the sheets and fail to bring anything forward in the next 12 months...

But now your argument is you want XF to have someone post regularly in the forum to say that work is progressing, without any evidence to back that up or any actual new features being demonstrated and that would be fine?

Based on the multitude of posts you have made recently, I doubt that would be acceptable to you in the slightest.

Quite honestly you keep contradicting yourself for what just appears to be the sake of continuing a belaboured argument.

I won't be responding further.
This thread and your posts in the other threads make it clear it's not worth the time to do so.
Feel free to carry on arguing amongst yourself though.

I want to get this positive comment in before this thread is inevitably closed:

I appreciate the updates from @Chris D and @Kier over the last day and @Brogan for helping to bring those announcements about. I continue to have faith that all the devs will deliver another great product in 2.3 and look forward to it. That 3.0 now doesn't look a million miles off is even better.

Yes, it's been a really long time coming and comms could have been rather better, but I don't like pointing accusing fingers if I can help it, so I won't here. Let's just put it down to we're all human, shall we?

The impression I get is that the devs are perfectionists and just won't release a product until they're satisfied with it, something I can relate to. Also, I've dabbled in software development in my time and know how much something can hold up development for one reason or another - and mine wasn't anywhere near as complex as this forum software. I think the new development strategy announced by Kier will help with more frequent updates and I look forward to that too.

I thought your complaint was the lack of updates and that words and statements were meaningless without the progress on development to back it up.
A poor assumption on your part.. you see, it doesn't require a developer to state an official position.. simply a person with authority to do so.
Simply a person in position of authority and their statements "bears weight", both legally and in the PR field. That person doesn't have to be a developer.. and honestly.. XF communications skills leave a LOT to be desired when communicating with those that pay their salaries.
But now your argument is you want XF to have someone post regularly in the forum to say that work is progressing
Once more.. straw man.. please.. give us ANY link to ANY providence other than unfulfilled ones on the status of the "advancement" of the script... you know... kinda like the one over a year ago that stated "in a few weeks" for the HYS... and here we are around 52 of those later and basically radio silence... seems a tad bit of difference between a "few" (normally accepted to be around 3-4) and 52+ weeks. Do you not see where there is justified concern when it involves other persons forking over hard earned money to what amounts to a "pipe dream".
Granted, XF is likely good for it.... but when you have decade long license holders yelling.. it should be somewhat disconcerting to those in power.

Quite honestly you keep contradicting yourself for what just appears to be the sake of continuing a belaboured argument.
Quite honestly... all I frigging want is valid information... don't blow smoke up my arse and tell me that I'll hear/see something in a "few" weeks and over a year later to only to be told "we are still working on it but it's going to be really good ™"}. If it's going to be an extended time... simply SAY that. Most of your license holders will happily accept that... the current fiasco with the handling of the message is ENTIRELY the fault of XenForo and their messaging failures (you know, basically lying to us when you get right down to it)... shotgun, meet feet.
We also have to work for our monies... so where we spend them on "hobbies" have to meet some criteria.... and "we promise" compared to "here it is" bears a lot of weight. Not all of (in fact, probably a significant number) XF license holders make enough from our sites to pay for all of it... so yes, bottom line... many of us will be cognizant on what we spend those monies on. And airy promises don't cut it usually. The only thing XF has got going for it is its reputation... a reputation I might mention that over the last three years has become somewhat tarnished.

I won't be responding further.
And why is that not really surprising... anything that goes against the "storyline" that wants to be pushed is to be ignored... this was an IPS issue for a long time (and apparently still is).. seems it has eked itself into the XF environ.
As I said... I have renewed my inactive license for my SMF site and will be working to convert it over... but now the ball is simply in the XenForo court as to what they do and do they continue to get my hard earned monies.
And as usual... I don't expect a lot of "help" from the XenForo developers other than providing me with a somewhat updated/current script.

Last edited:
Quite honestly... all I frigging want is valid information
I'm fairly sure that's precisely what I posted today, and yet your response was
Talk is cheap
and
I currently put no trust into the words from the XF developers
I'm sorry to say that when developing an extremely complex product to the exacting standards we mandate here, it's simply not possible to state with certainty when things will be ready for production. As many must know, you can have a product quickly, cheaply or with quality, but you may choose only two of the three.

I've given you all the information there is to have, and it is absolutely valid. Your response to this valid information has been to post your disatisfaction in nearly fifty separate posts, and announce that you will take your business elsewhere... or not, I haven't been keeping up with the latest.

Quite clearly, you are unhappy with XenForo. The great thing is, this is a free market economy, and you are absolutely entitled to check out our many excellent competitors.

I'm fairly sure that's precisely what I posted today, and yet your response was
yep.. had not seen that as I decided to take a hiatus from here and didn't read the earlier posts... and when I DID read it, it was why I went ahead and renewed (and extended) my expired license.

I'm sorry to say that when developing an extremely complex product to the exacting standards we mandate here, it's simply not possible to state with certainty when things will be ready for production
But honestly @Kier, how hard would it have been to come back into that thread and simply said "sorry guys... we messed up and it's going to be longer". AFAIK, that was never done in a clear manner.
you will take your business elsewhere... or not, I haven't been keeping up with the latest.
Really hard to ignore an image.... Pretty sure todays date here in the US is 07/17/2023.

Screen Shot 2023-07-17 at 1.46.33 PM.png

or what I would assume was regular reporting on new/re-activated licenses. Now, if you are saying that I should not have renewed it, please let me know. ;)

Quite clearly, you are unhappy with XenForo.
And THAT is where you are SORELY wrong... I love XenForo (it's why it's the ONLY script that I have kept active since 2013)... what I hate is how you have treated your license holders like mushrooms for going on 3 years. Xenforo has done a real disservice to those that have been with you through thick and thin.. .including the vB debacle when several decided to leave, but others of us had faith. To get any "decent" response it appears some of us had to raise a virtual "poop" storm.... and get ourselves lcoked out of certain threads, posts deleted and then restored and such. So yes... guess that hit a sensitive spot.. but at least it DID get some results.... that have been lacking for way to long on providing. If I didn't love XF so much, I wouldn't be as "b***hy" about the lack of interaction and progress... you do realize that on at least one popular Admin site XenForo is currently basically a "laughing stock" I assume? And that honestly torques me.. it's one of the reasons I LEFT that site... they let other script developers trash XF and there were no XF developers there to rebut... so we poor users had to try to, and when they did, they got called on the carpet for it since rebutting those "big names" might negatively impact that site.
Your company seriously needs to work on effective messaging to it's clientele... it's severely lacking.... and yes, in many ways that's a "developer" thing... I know very few developers that are good with customer relations...

Last edited:
I'm sorry to say that when developing an extremely complex product to the exacting standards we mandate here, it's simply not possible to state with certainty when things will be ready for production.
You can finish it all in a day, no? 😮 :p Quality first, always, I'm with you on that one.

As many must know, you can have a product quickly, cheaply or with quality, but you may choose only two of the three.
There are various other things that one can frustratingly have only two out of three. With loudspeakers, you can have any two of the following: sensitivity, efficiency, or volume if I remember it correctly.

I am not so sure on the style Mr @Tracy Perry is using but for me the point about communicator is valid to me.
I can be abrasive.. it's simply part of my personality after 15 years as an LEO, and 4 years as a state corrections officer... I don't push BS... I'm fairly blunt. Don't like it... as I told the inmates and the folks I arrested.. to bad. Sometimes the truth hurts.
The POOR communications skills to their license users is my BIGGEST complaint.. and it honestly took a bunch of users treading (and getting) bans to finally get a decent response... what does THAT tell you about the "communications skills" (or lack thereof) of XenForo currently... If they had a decent "PR" team.. this would have been headed off months ago... It's really a pity that it appears to have required some members to partake in digital seppuku to get a response.. It is something they should have addressed months ago.
But once more.. I can't really fault any of the developers... it appears they they are mainly stuck in "developer mindset" and not "customer service oriented"... and it's why they REALLY need to onboard someone with those skills (and no, it sure as HELL would not be me as I don't kiss posterior well which is readily apparent by certain bans I have here and the interaction from certain staff! :ROFLMAO: )

Last edited:
If you're unhappy then go back to which ever forum software you had and use their support forum. I'll laugh if they've permanently banned you over there for the same things you're doing here.
Nobody cares about post counts anymore.
I agree with the staff here and i hope they close this thread because all you're doing here is trolling the staff and abusing them.
It's not praising their actions of very hard work. It's more like you're trying to kick them all in the nuts which is the wrong thing to do also.
Sure vent on your own forum. Open up a thing on your forum that calls out those you hate.
It's not harmful in doing so. doing that on here will cause major issues.
Just stop venting your spleen on here about the staff. It's obvious you've upset them.

Top Bottom