1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just purchased - no license

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Bain, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Bain

Bain Active Member

I just purchased Xen but there is no license to download.

XenForo Purchase (0D074FFDA2F4)
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Without going into PayPal but looking at our logs, I'd guess you paid via an eCheck so it has to clear, which can take several days. If you still have problems, you can contact us: http://xenforo.com/contact/
  4. Bain

Bain Active Member

no, it was instant with funds through paypal.
  5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Can you log into this area? If not, you should use the link Mike gave above.

In addition, it is possible the email address you provided when purchasing is different than the email address on your account in this forum. If so, you will need to add yourself (Bain) in your customer area here (it may take a few minutes to take effect):
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Looking into it more, your payment (on PayPal's side) is "pending" for payment review. Once they have cleared the payment, a license will be created. If you have any more questions though, please submit a ticket.
    Joe. likes this.
  7. Bain

Bain Active Member

That really doesn't make any sense. If it is a paypal issue then they can fix it. I purchased two additional IP.Boards around the same time. That went through without a hitch.
    Maybe I just am not meant to have a xenforo.... who knows. I guess I will wait and see.
  8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem where I thought it was instant transfer but I guess my debit card was expired on my account. Due to me not seeing that right away it went through as an e-check.
  9. Joe.

Joe. Active Member

Sorry to bump an old topic, but this is the answer I was looking for. Thanks @Mike

I'm currently being held up by the echeck /Paypal delay. Grrrr.

I want my new toy now. :p
    rafass likes this.
  10. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I ended up purchasing another license with my debit card and had the XenForo team back out the echeck(of course I submitted a ticket and clarified before I did that).
  11. Joe.

Joe. Active Member

I would do that but I figure I'll just wait. I don't have much time to sit down and really get in there until the weekend comes (hopefully it will go through by then).

I just wanted it now so I could do a little poking around, theme tweaks and maybe a test conversion.
    Devilwillcry4you likes this.
  12. Devilwillcry4you

Devilwillcry4you Active Member

@theezy welcome to the Xenforo family.
    Joe. likes this.
  13. Joe.

Joe. Active Member

@Devilwillcry4you thanks Allan. I'd recognize that avatar anywhere. Crazy username you have here. :p

Anyway, the XenForo/Paypal transaction has appeared on my bank account (as pending) and it says it's scheduled to be processed during the next nightly processing. So, I might be a licensed XenForo admin by sunrise. How exciting. :D :D

Edit: The bank posted the transaction but paypal still says uncleared (at the moment, I'm sure that will change soon). The money is there paypal, send it already. :p
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    Devilwillcry4you likes this.
  14. Devilwillcry4you

Hopefully you will be able to play around today.
  15. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Joe. likes this.
  16. ŽivaAkcija

ŽivaAkcija Well-Known Member

that not make any sense to me, all my paypal transaction shows instantly.
  17. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

But not everyone can successfully use PayPal to process payments. There are frequently denials of the transanction, and then if you pay with an e-check it can take longer.
  18. Joe.

Joe. Active Member

Yeah I don't have a credit or debit card linked to my PayPal so this happened.

I assume because the purchase was over $100?

All other transactions (under $100) always go through instantly.
  19. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

In the beginning I also considered it as a nice toy to myself :D
  20. Devilwillcry4you