• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

jQuery VS YUI

Which One

• jQuery

Votes: 44 97.8%
  • YUI

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
F

Floris

In my experience the jQuery package is better community supported and nicer for the user experience.

Tigratrus

jQuery is easier to work with too, if you know CSS jQuery is really easy to pickup and use.
And jQuery is building mobile elements that will make a mobile style look almost like an app. :)

Dismounted

YUI used to be a bit bloated and cluttered. It's slowly getting better, but overall, jQuery is my choice. Plenty of community support and awareness.

Cezz

Seems jQuery is winning with 16 votes to ummm 0...

I also vote for jQuery, it seems better managed, less bloated and in my opinion more powerful... The massive community support is amazing...

I am also looking forward to their new mobile UI... it is getting very very close to http://www.sencha.com/

Well... I just did first vote for YUI :p

I think, JQuery would be wonderfull for small projects. But YUI 3 have more modular desing and API references are greate, understandable. Has a standard!, you might say. YUI 3 OOP 's not compared to JQuery 's OOP.

Kier

XenForo Developer
Staff member
Having used both, my vote goes straight to jQuery with its clean, concise syntax and useful functions. That said, I have not even looked at YUI 3 - so I'm not really comparing like-for-like.

Digital Doctor