1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

joomla bridge

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by majdi, Feb 5, 2011.

1. majdi

majdi Well-Known Member

I am very seriously thinking of buying xenforo for its SEO espacially after Brogan's posts about it (thanks btw)

i would like to know are there any joomla bridges yet?

2. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

The quick answer is No.. Someone is supposedly working on it but im not holding my breath.

3. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

Not at the moment. There's been a lot of interest in a jFusion plugin, but so far the only developer that has offered services wants to be paid up front instead of using an escrow or freelancer site, which the various admins object to.

There's a good chance that jFusion's universal plugin may be able to deal with it though...

HTH!

James

4. majdi

majdi Well-Known Member

what does the jfusion plugin does exactly?

5. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

jFusion bridges multiple different software packages with Joomla!. They've abstracted all the infrastructure required for a bridge, so all you need is a "Plugin" for jFusion (jFusion is a Joomla! extension), and you can then bridge your Joomla! system with whatever the new plugin is for. It can link together multiple packages, provides single sign on, singe registration and can handle visual integration etc. You designate *which* of the software packages is the accounts DB master or if Joomla! is.

Take a look at it if you're running Joomla! www.jfusion.org, it's a great OS project free to use though donations are greatly appreciated. :) Most of the plugins are built and maintained by developers that use them for their own sites and/or software. They have a great forum with resources for developers etc.

Last I looked they had plugins for: : phpBB 3, SMF 1.1.x, vBulletin, MyBB 1.4, Magento, Moodle,DokuWiki, Gallery 2, osCommerce & Clones, eFront, Wordpress

James
    (of James and Susan)

6. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

someone have installed? some reviews?

7. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

8. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

yes, it's the same link I found too... and it's one year old. :(

9. high1976

high1976 Active Member

10. Evan Gorman

Evan Gorman Member

I was able to get Joomla/Xenforo bridge working and users synced using the guides here and here. However, users can't logout, and other strange errors. I think it's because XenForo registration is Enabled. Does anyone know how to disable registration from xenforo?

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/uqxJw.png

11. snoopy5

snoopy5 Well-Known Member

I would be also very interested in the joomla-xF combined userregistration. Also in combined templates, i.e. from rockettheme. Could we raise a fund for it, so that it is really working without bugs?

12. Robert F Schmitz

Robert F Schmitz Well-Known Member

Create a post in Resource and Add-on Requests if someone hasn't already.

13. snoopy5

snoopy5 Well-Known Member

I am not allowed to post there, because I did not purchase a licence yet...

Rob Fritz likes this.
  14. marremp2

marremp2 Member