Jon W's Premium Upgrades are Confusing

Are Jon W's premium pricing confusing?

• Yes, i have suffered a mind crash.

Votes: 68 86.1%
  • No, it all makes sense if you try really hard.

Votes: 11 13.9%

• Total voters
Now this is a worrying factor!

So everyone can know that ******* and Jon W are going to an agreement to make benefits for both sides, and also for the customers of XenForo

Source bullet point 2 -
https://*******.com/threads/*******s-official-apology-and-notice.1386/

... a other question - how can i see the "members active in the last 1 year" ? :cautious:
I'll be adding this to the list of statistics in your admin control panel when I update the add-on later today.

Err it got worse, stick to programming and not basic math Jon :D jk lol or are you saying you get a discount if you pay annually?
It is cheaper if you pay annually.

I'll be adding this to the list of statistics in your admin control panel when I update the add-on later today.

It is cheaper if you pay annually.

Ah was wondering because it's the only package that is discounted if you pay annually(from what I can tell)

Ok, but how will this count?

Will this count every unique member, who was loged in last year? Or will you mess this a other way?

Sorry for this question, but I (we) only would know how you think to count this stats so I (we) can calculate for us to buy your add-ons ... or better not - and assist with the money better other developers.

Man ... how do you dont make this like other developers and sell for a fix price for one year support + a extra price for branding free?
This price model use eg xenforo.com and many other developers for her add-ons - and i think it works and every body understand how it works. ;)

Now this is a worrying factor!

Source bullet point 2 -
https://*******.com/threads/*******s-official-apology-and-notice.1386/
Thanks for pointing this out.

When I accepted the apology I did encourage ******* to come clean about all his other activities and said that we might be able to consider ways of working together, but only if they came completely clean.

Given that XenForo has since decided that the allegations are so serious that they would be banned from listing on XenForo, I won't be making any agreement with them.

That being said, I am really pleased that they are making an apology, although I haven't read it all yet.

Thanks for pointing this out.

When I accepted the apology I did encourage ******* to come clean about all his other activities and said that we might be able to consider ways of working together, but only if they came completely clean.

Given that XenForo has since decided that the allegations are so serious that they would be banned from listing on XenForo, I won't be making any agreement with them.

That being said, I am really pleased that they are making an apology, although I haven't read it all yet.

I think you should get him to remove your name from that completely as it really is not doing you any favours at all

Reactions: HWS
Ah was wondering because it's the only package that is discounted if you pay annually(from what I can tell)
Sorry, just realised that I am a complete idiot.

Is this better:
upload_2015-2-16_10-30-15.webp
?

There is no monthly option for this one, but I've added a bi-annual option now. I've also now removed any discounts for buying the longer subscriptions to make it simpler.

The minimum subscription is still £30 because a certain level of support is assumed and it is just not possible for me to provide a decent level of support for less than £30.

Sorry, just realised that I am a complete idiot.

Is this better:
Why does it say 30 GBP per 6 months? The '6months' is totally unrelated to the biannually package. Why cant you simply say 60 GBP per year as well?

You would do well to start using the K.I.S.S approach to doing business.

Why does it say 30 GBP per 6 months? The 6months is totally unrelated to the biannually package. Why cant you simply say 60 GBP per year as well?

You would do well to start using the K.I.S.S approach to doing business.
Bi-annually means occuring twice each year. I think this is the correct term, but I'm happy to be corrected.

In other words, it is £30 for 6 months or £60 for 12 months, since I don't allow any subscription of less than £30. Some people can't afford to pay £60 upfront, others prefer it.

I hope you can see just from my last few posts that I am trying to keep it as simple as possible while still offering maximum choice to those who want it.

I hope you can see just from my last few posts that I am trying to keep it as simple as possible while still offering maximum choice to those who want it.
To be fair, simple is not the right word, but it's much more clear now and the spacing with additional info helps a lot.

image.webp
Reinventing the wheel may result in a bumpy ride. Although I do admit it looks pretty safe for that slippery slope.

Last edited:
It is? There's still 13 options? Not to mention that the branding removal seems to be only on a yearly basis.

So 13 different tiered options, and at the end of the day people should just PM you and you'll figure something out? Not to mention if its commercial or not, which seems to involve just handing over a vague amount of cash as opposed to going through all these original hoops.

I'm having no trouble identifying the option that I find to be appropriate. Not sure why you're finding it so difficult.

@Jon W - if you aren't discounting the subscriptions for increasing time periods, I'd just remove them entirely. I don't think you have to tell people that, at $30 GBP for 6 months, they can also buy a license for a year at $60. They know that. Just my opinion, and it would simplify the page. You could just put two buttons to the right of the subscription, like so:

indigo_sub_2.webp

Or you could just put the prices in the buttons. "Purchase 6 Months @ $30 GBP" or whatever.

Last edited:
I'm having no trouble identifying the option that I find to be appropriate. Not sure why you're finding it so difficult.

Finding them is easy now. But seeing the prices is not! ;)

Jon W, I think you are a lot too angry about possible support work. Decent coded add-ons do hardly need any support at all from the developer!

If I were you, I would set all add-ons to "unmaintained" and get one add-on after another up-to-date and correctly coded. Then I would stick a price on it and sell it, like all other developers, with an included 6 or 12 month support period.

You have about 200 add-ons. Even with your new price policy you simply cannot get paid for all the work needed to have all 200 possible add-ons running without problems at all your premium customers sites immediatelly.

Last edited:

@Jon W - if you aren't discounting the subscriptions for increasing time periods, I'd just remove them entirely. I don't think you have to tell people that, at $30 GBP for 6 months, they can also buy a license for a year at $60. They know that. Just my opinion, and it would simplify the page. You could just put two buttons to the right of the subscription, like so:

View attachment 98486

Or you could just put the prices in the buttons. "Purchase 6 Months @ $30 GBP" or whatever.
Nice suggestion.

upload_2015-2-16_12-15-5.webp

Top Bottom