Jon W's Premium Upgrades are Confusing

Are Jon W's premium pricing confusing?

• Yes, i have suffered a mind crash.

Votes: 68 86.1%
  • No, it all makes sense if you try really hard.

Votes: 11 13.9%

• Total voters

|Jordan|

https://waindigo.org/account/upgrades

Is anyone else confused by the upgrades on the above page? I can get through a few of them and then the confusion just keeps piling up until i rage quit reading.

Jon W insists it makes sense but a couple of others also are confused by it. Here's a post where Jon W explains it and it makes sense but when you compare it to the upgrade page, it falls apart quickly.

Yes i find it very confusing. It gives me a headache thinking about it.

There isn't anything we can do. It's his company. He can run it the way he wants.

Just tell him once how you feel about it. After that it's up to him.

In Conclusion:

It's not a big deal. Just don't use his add-ons and move on..

Yeah i know, just wanted to see what everyone else thinks. If enough of us are confused, he might change it and make it simpler.

I really like his addons, but ive started uninstalling them because of this whole premium debacle.

Last edited:
I prefer individual premium add ons with annual renewals. There are too many steps between 'interested' and 'buy' with this new program IMO.

I'm all for Jon making money from his work. Just not sure this is the best way to accomplish that goal.

Xenforo management needs to put some strict rules in place for what addon creators can and can't do. Look at what just happened with *******. Now Jon W is going through a similar controversial thing.

Another one bites the dust.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They can charge as much as they like, they have nothing to do with Xenforo's management.
Take it or leave it.

Evil Xenforo Addon Developers:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

P.S. To clarify, im not saying all Xenforo addon developers are evil. I'm saying the evil ones remind me of Dr. Evil.

Last edited:
@Jon W's setup is not that complicated. It tells you how many sites/addons/members its good for. The only part that strikes me as odd is the member limit. @Jon W, I would just do it based on sites/addons honestly. Having a member limit will just piss many people off.

@Jon W's setup is not that complicated. It tells you how many sites/addons/members its good for. The only part that strikes me as odd is the member limit. @Jon W, I would just do it based on sites/addons honestly. Having a member limit will just piss many people off.

The example he posted when I queried it (10 addons for £30 a year) isn't one that's possible according to his upgrade page but he says it's "allowed anyway". If a user with 10 addons used that upgrade page, they'd have to end up selecting the £48 option at a minimum even though Jon says £30 is what it should cost.

The problem is that he's tried to be clever with his licensing and is presumably really proud that he's come up with a fancy licensing structure but it's just wrong and doesn't work in practice for various reasons.

Something that is confusing can always be explained. It doesn't make it evil.

Unless I'm actually doing something unfair, nothing is going to change until XenForo 2.0.

Reactions: HWS
Something that is confusing can always be explained. It doesn't make it evil.

Unless I'm actually doing something unfair, nothing is going to change until XenForo 2.0.

So @Jon W for clarification... lets take TAZ for instance(no way representing them officially), almost 50k members. Let's say they run 2 addons of yours. They'd need 100 credits correct?

So with this setup they could do:
Bronze Subscription (Annually) @ 180.00 GBP per year and get 500 credits? Do these credits stay on your account? so technically they wouldn't need to renew for 5 years if they only need 100 credits(even though the pricing is annually?)

Or would they need to do:
Silver Subscription (Monthly) @ 60.00 GBP per month resulting in 720 GBP per year which would give them 100 credits only.

Your account upgrade pages seems extremely flawed because you're assuming a single site would run at least 10 plugins of yours(aside from the starter plans which cover only small boards). Unless I'm STILL not understanding it :)

If anyone is actually interested in contributing and confused they can PM me for an explanation specific to their circumstances.

Maybe Jon should provide some kind of calculator so we can get that take it or leave it price tag. But there are so many parameters I'm not sure it would even be possible.
Also, I don't understand the annual pricing concept, does it take place every year from the first payment date, or for every members count "milestone"? Members count is not a static number. :cautious:

If anyone is actually interested in contributing and confused they can PM me for an explanation specific to their circumstances.
~90% of the people who have voted have specified your pricing structure is confusing and doesnt make sense. Wouldnt you be better off explaining it in much simpler terms on here? Atleast explain the specific examples provided above so people can see how it will work, and if it actually makes anymore sense, than it currently does anyway.

Top Bottom