Jon W's Premium Upgrades are Confusing

Are Jon W's premium pricing confusing?

• Yes, i have suffered a mind crash.

Votes: 68 86.1%
  • No, it all makes sense if you try really hard.

Votes: 11 13.9%

• Total voters
For 65 euros an hour, over 2 hours, I'd be more than happy to help you with that.
It takes you 2 hours to create a thread with a poll in it? Unless you are accusing me of exaggerating the number of hours a job takes, which is quite a serious allegation. I think you'll find that 65 euros an hour is relatively cheap for an experienced PHP developer.

It takes you 2 hours to create a thread with a poll in it? Unless you are accusing me of exaggerating the number of hours a job takes, which is quite a serious allegation. I think you'll find that 65 euros an hour is relatively cheap for an experienced PHP developer.
It was actually a little sarcasm referencing the earlier claim on your work quotes. I have no idea if you're honest or not with your hourly quotes. I do know you did quote me the same thing as the other guy in this thread. Whether or not that's exorbitant I wouldn't have any idea.

It was actually a little sarcasm referencing the earlier claim on your work quotes. I have no idea if you're honest or not with your hourly quotes. I do know you did quote me the same thing as the other guy in this thread. Whether or not that's exorbitant I wouldn't have any idea.
I recognise you were trying to be sarcastic but it makes no sense unless you are implying there is something wrong with the way I charge for hourly work, which is quite a serious allegation to make. Or were you suggesting that it is somehow wrong of me to ask to be paid to do work and that I should do more work for free? Again, I see that as more of a personal decision, so the sarcasm makes no sense.

So what is it?

I recognise you were trying to be sarcastic but it makes no sense unless you are implying there is something wrong with the way I charge for hourly work, which is quite a serious allegation to make.
Is it? Why? If I think you suck and you charge too much for too little, why is that a serious allegation? That would just be my opinion and you'd have to live with it. Now I'm not saying I do or do not feel that way.
Or were you suggesting that it is somehow wrong of me to ask to be paid to do work and that I should do more work for free? Again, I see that as more of a personal decision, so the sarcasm makes no sense.
I would proffer that instead of working on your coding skills you should spend some time working on your people skills and your customer service. This is just another example of you going completely off the reservation for no reason and alienating other people with your actions.

Time to start another poll thread. My head hurts.
A new poll with recently update's will be more accurate. I guess. :coffee:?
Jon W's Premium Upgrades are Confusing
509f78cb204b704838f82f2d4d579b66.png

Is it? Why? If I think you suck and you charge too much for too little, why is that a serious allegation? That would just be my opinion and you'd have to live with it. Now I'm not saying I do or do not feel that way.
A serious allegation would be if you were saying that I was falsifying hours or something like that. If you just think that I'm too expensive, then yes that is just your opinion. I still don't see how that makes good sarcasm though. It just comes across as an unnecessary insult. But that is just my opinion.

I would proffer that instead of working on your coding skills you should spend some time working on your people skills and your customer service. This is just another example of you going completely off the reservation for no reason and alienating other people with your actions.
This is really helpful thanks.

Not a fan of the way this is set up at all. I won't consider any addons from this developer with this type of payment model ever again. Because of my user base, an "upgrade" for the 1 addon I use (which I helped fund) would cost me over $100 more a year than if I had less users. As soon as I post this reply I'll be searching the resources for an alternative so I can replace this addon. (n)

Reactions: gfc
Not a fan of the way this is set up at all. I won't consider any addons from this developer with this type of payment model ever again. Because of my user base, an "upgrade" for the 1 addon I use (which I helped fund) would cost me over $100 more a year than if I had less users. As soon as I post this reply I'll be searching the resources for an alternative so I can replace this addon. (n)
I believe Jon is giving all people who funded previous addons premium memberships. Would be disappointing to see someone who helped fund an addon, cannot even use that anymore. That doesnt make sense.

I believe Jon is giving all people who funded previous addons premium memberships.
Contributors don't get premium memberships automatically (since a contribution may just be £50) but they do get branding free and premium features for that add-on for life. They also get commercial licenses for any other add-on they own.

Contributors don't get premium memberships automatically (since a contribution may just be £50) but they do get branding free and premium features for that add-on for life.
So you are controlling branding free and premium features per addon? For example if one person contributed to 2 addons, but has another one installed as well, that means overall he will get branding on his site, and premium features (if they are available) on only 2 of them?

Really well thought out subscription model...

So you are controlling branding free and premium features per addon? For example if one person contributed to 2 addons, but has another one installed as well, that means overall he will get branding on his site, and premium features (if they are available) on only 2 of them?

Really well thought out subscription model...
I genuinely can't tell if this is a positive comment or not.

Is it still confusing? Seems like people are still voting for "Yes, I have suffered a mind crash.".
View attachment 98595
A third option is missing:
"I do understand the pricing, but dont like it and dont support it"

That's where i expect most people here are.

I have spent last year more than 250 bucks on addons. No way that I would buy anything from you with that pricing applied.

A third option is missing:
"I do understand the pricing, but dont like it and dont support it"

That's where i expect most people here are.

I have spent last year more than 250 bucks on addons. No way that I would buy anything from you with that pricing applied.
Since its mainly only for the branding free and a handful of premium features, I would expect that response from most people anyway, especially since we allow people to hide our branding using CSS or Javascript.

I think this thread was mainly to point out that the pricing was confusing. Since it has now been changed, this thread has probably long past its sell by date.

Actually, 2 years ago i hired a UK developer from Acomb (through vWorker which is now known as Freelancer) to edit and improve upon a custom coded script (far more complicated than a XF addon) and i was paying $25 USD an hour. He was a senior programmer too.

Actually, 2 years ago i hired a UK developer from Acomb (through vWorker which is now known as Freelancer) to edit and improve upon a custom coded script (far more complicated than a XF addon) and i was paying $25 USD an hour. He was a senior programmer too.
Interesting. I used to live near Acomb. I feel like we're moving away from the topic of this thread though.

Top Bottom