Jon W's Premium Upgrades are Confusing

Are Jon W's premium pricing confusing?

• Yes, i have suffered a mind crash.

Votes: 68 86.1%
  • No, it all makes sense if you try really hard.

Votes: 11 13.9%

• Total voters
Ah, thanks. I updated my post with it. I also found out that 0.0.0.0 is faster than 127.0.0.1 because it doesnt wait for a timeout (which is bad for web servers).

EDIT: I read the other thread in this forum (the one about install and upgrade) and my method for blocking communication renders the addon useless since it can't check the latest versions anymore, so if you dont want E.T. phoning home, you're better off uninstalling it.

Last edited:
Reactions: HWS
Sorry if I came across earlier as not being interested in genuine constructive feedback. This was never my intention.

I've now simplified the account upgrades page:
https://waindigo.org/account/upgrades

Please remember that these subscription packages provide commercial licenses, branding free and premium features. If you just want a commercial license and don't mind about the rest, then you can just make a donation of any amount.

Based on the feedback given, only 2 of the packages now look for member count, and the add-ons will be updated so that they now send active member count (i.e., members active in the last 1 year) rather than the full member count. Anyone on a package with unlimited members will not have to send any member count. There are two easy ways to turn this off in Install and Upgrade by Waindigo and Premium by Waindigo:
  1. Go to the options for the add-on and uncheck the option for "Allow member count to be sent to Waindigo servers"
  2. Add $config['options']['waindigo_installUpgrade_allowSendMemberCount'] = false; to your config.php file. This can be done before you install the add-on.
I note that a few methods of stopping any callbacks have been mentioned in this thread. I should point out that both add-ons already include an option to do this, which is by adding the following line to your config.php file:
$config['disableCallbacks'] = true;

Another option that you may want to change is the option for sending any details of non-Waindigo add-ons to be checked for being outdated in the Install and Upgrade by Waindigo (note that Premium by Waindigo never sends any details of non-Waindigo add-ons). Again, there are 2 ways to do this:
  1. Go to the options for the add-on and uncheck the option for "Check for outdated non-Waindigo add-ons"
  2. Add $config['options']['waindigo_installUpgrade_waindigo_installUpgrade_checkNonWaindigoAddOns'] = false; to your config.php file. This can be done before you install the add-on.
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, if anyone is not sure which subscription to buy, they should send me a PM, particularly if they feel that the subscription prices are unfair for their particular circumstances (for example someone with 2 sites might find that there isn't a good subscription package).

I appreciate that some people may still feel that they are unable to use any of my add-ons because of certain callbacks etc., and I'm very sorry that this is the case. As mentioned earlier, I will be looking into alternative licensing and pricing structures for XenForo 2.0 since all add-ons will have to be re-written from scratch then anyway.

Sorry if I came across earlier as not being interested in genuine constructive feedback. This was never my intention.

Please remember that these subscription packages provide commercial licenses, branding free and premium features. If you just want a commercial license and don't mind about the rest, then you can just make a donation of any amount.

Based on the feedback given, only 2 of the packages now look for member count, and the add-ons will be updated so that they now send active member count (i.e., members active in the last 1 year) rather than the full member count. Anyone on a package with unlimited members will not have to send any member count. There are two easy ways to turn this off in Install and Upgrade by Waindigo and Premium by Waindigo:
  1. Go to the options for the add-on and uncheck the option for "Allow member count to be sent to Waindigo servers"
  2. Add $config['options']['waindigo_installUpgrade_allowSendMemberCount'] = false; to your config.php file. This can be done before you install the add-on.
I note that a few methods of stopping any callbacks have been mentioned in this thread. I should point out that both add-ons already include an option to do this, which is by adding the following line to your config.php file:

Another option that you may want to change is the option for sending any details of non-Waindigo add-ons to be checked for being outdated in the Install and Upgrade by Waindigo (note that Premium by Waindigo never sends any details of non-Waindigo add-ons). Again, there are 2 ways to do this:
  1. Go to the options for the add-on and uncheck the option for "Check for outdated non-Waindigo add-ons"
  2. Add $config['options']['waindigo_installUpgrade_waindigo_installUpgrade_checkNonWaindigoAddOns'] = false; to your config.php file. This can be done before you install the add-on.
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, if anyone is not sure which subscription to buy, they should send me a PM, particularly if they feel that the subscription prices are unfair for their particular circumstances (for example someone with 2 sites might find that there isn't a good subscription package).

I appreciate that some people may still feel that they are unable to use any of my add-ons because of certain callbacks etc., and I'm very sorry that this is the case. As mentioned earlier, I will be looking into alternative licensing and pricing structures for XenForo 2.0 since all add-ons will have to be re-written from scratch then anyway.

A TON easier Jon, well done. I can understand what you mean by everything now, thanks for clearing all that up. Awesome add-ons, I will have to get myself one of your premium packages soon :)

That's excellent :-)

Is the definition of "commercial" a site that makes a real profit or is it any site with any advertising (e.g. To just cover server costs)?

I'm glad you got rid of the useless(in my eyes) "credits" which caused far too many questions. I think now it's pretty clear cut after looking at it. Hope it works out for you.

That's excellent :)

Is the definition of "commercial" a site that makes a real profit or is it any site with any advertising (e.g. To just cover server costs)?
With regards to branding free and premium, the price is the same for commercial and non-commercial.

Assuming you are asking about the donation for commercial license only, the definition is a bit vague, unfortunately. Charity and non-profits are definitely non-commercial, as are any hobby sites without any advertising. If you are not sure, please PM me. As long as it seems to be non-commercial to me, I'd be happy to grant you the additional rights just in case.

Bravo Jon!

I understand sometimes you're proud of something and you want to stick to your guns, but im happy to see you took our criticisms and made things easier to understand (so much so that i'm able to understand it on my first read through).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Since the problem has been solved i ask the moderators to please lock this thread.

I think now it's pretty clear cut after looking at it.
It is? There's still 13 options? Not to mention that the branding removal seems to be only on a yearly basis.

So 13 different tiered options, and at the end of the day people should just PM you and you'll figure something out? Not to mention if its commercial or not, which seems to involve just handing over a vague amount of cash as opposed to going through all these original hoops.

Yeah ill admit its still flawed in some ways, but its a lot better than what it was before. Meeting half way can sometimes be better than not meeting at all.

Hello,

please to understand:

I have now to pay for 5 Add-ons, premium, non comercial sites:
1 Domain with 15.000 members, 5 Add-ons from Waindigo = 120 britsch pound / year (162 €)
1 Domain with 750 members, 5 Add-ons from Waindigo = 50 britisch pound / year (67 €)

See i this right now? o_O

@Jon W
I also PM you on waindigo.org on saturday for a answer how many i have to pay for... :)

It is? There's still 13 options? Not to mention that the branding removal seems to be only on a yearly basis.

All of the packages say "No Branding" from what I can tell?

By clear cut I can identify a package that would work for my site easier now, I may not agree with the pricing but that's another topic :D.

Except @Jon W
Indigo Subscription 2 (Annually) 4 per month, 50 per year? Not quite :D

Hello,

please to understand:

I have now to pay for 5 Add-ons, premium, non comercial sites:
1 Domain with 15.000 members, 5 Add-ons from Waindigo = 120 britsch pound / year (162 €)
1 Domain with 750 members, 5 Add-ons from Waindigo = 50 britisch pound / year (67 €)

See i this right now? o_O

@Jon W
I also PM you on waindigo.org on saturday for a answer how many i have to pay for... :)
I'll reply to your PM today.

All of the packages say "No Branding" from what I can tell?
Correct.

By clear cut I can identify a package that would work for my site easier now, I may not agree with the pricing but that's another topic :D.
Don't forget there is also the option to hide any copyright notice using CSS.

Except @Jon W
Indigo Subscription 2 (Annually) 4 per month, 50 per year? Not quite :D
Fixed, thanks.

... a other question - how can i see the "members active in the last 1 year" ? :cautious:

I see this count in ACP only in a view per monthly active members inner a year...o_O

So i have to add this count from every month of the last year to have the members count to select the right option to pay? :barefoot:

Top Bottom