JFusion plugin for Xenforo

Sorry, thats not the case at all. Jfusion gives you the ability to map groups between joomla groups and the external software when you enable the advanced group mapping function. Permissions are a completely different thing and are created in each piece of software seperately. The permission sets are then assigned to user groups. Of course, this also requires that the plugin concerned has implemented the functionality to list user groups.
Logins and Permissions Groups.
In forum software, there is a very tight relationship between Groups and Permissions.
I should have said Logins and Groups.

There's another Dev we know a lot better that *might* have the time. I talked to him tonight and he said he'd take a look at the vB plugin and see what's involved. He's got a Joomla!/vB site that he's thinking of moving to XF too, so he's motivated. If he's got the time I'd trust him in a heartbeat, he's done a lot of really tricky work for us in the past with vB (some HEAVY customization of the way our Gallery, and Forum threads tie into each other, image section "Notes" like flicker etc).

One way or the other we want to see this thing built. :)

Any luck on your talks?

Might be cool to be able to use this Joomla sign on.
15805.jpg

Although I'm fairly new to XenForo, I've been watching it develop for a while and I've decided now is the time to get more involved. For that reason, over the past week, I've been investigating the feasibility of a jfusion plugin. As I'm fairly new to XenForo and doing this in my spare time, progress has been quite slow, but I do have an initial working version of a jfusion plugin.

At this point in time, it is just the bare basics to allow login integration with xenforo as the master (ie. users are authenticated against XenForo) and Joomla 1.6 as the slave. Although I have a demo available, I don't want to publish the URL here at this point in time, as there may still be security issues with the code. If you want to take a look at what is working, drop me a PM. At this point, I will not make any code publicly available, as before I do, I want to submit the code to Mike of the XenForo team to ensure he is happy that the plugin contains none of the XenForo code or intellectual property.

My purpose in posting here is to get some initial feedback on what people want and don't want from this plugin. At this moment in time, the plugin has been written and tested with jfusion 1.6, which is not yet fully working but is due to go beta in the next few weeks. The plugin may work with jfusion 1.5.5, but has not been tested with that version at all.

So, does anyone require Joomla 1.5 support ?

Currently, the bridge is one way. So if you login to Joomla, it will log you in to xenforo at the same time. However, if you logout using xenforo, the joomla session remains. This issue can be resolved by writing a jfusion addon to destroy the Joomla session on logout.

At this point in time, only users that already exist in XenForo can be logged in, so there is currently no support for facebook connect.

What functionality are people looking for in this plugin ?

Just as i was beginning to look into WP.. It would be great if i could continue to use Joomla. I think 1.5 support is crucial as i haven't even begun to look at 1.6 and doubt i will for awhile. Other then a single login/register.. id love the ability to pull content from XF to Joomla and allow for comments inside Joomla to be pushed to the forum the article was created in.. Who's online integration would be cool to.

Well I have been quoted between $800-$1000 for this to be done via freelancer / odesk / guru ect if anyone is interested.

(I was looking at getting a custom XF Magento bridge done, and pust popped in this as a quoted item, so if someone wants to spearhead this, by all means :))

OK, over the next day or two, I'll test the code on Joomla 1.5 also and make any required adjustments. I now have a publicly accessible demo at http://www.secretcitydesigns.com, it is a simple site at this point in time to demo the operation of the login integration. You can login to check it's operation with the following account:

Username test
Password foroxen

If you want to try registering an account, you will have to register on the forums at this point in time. That is because the links on the login block have not been updated yet. This is very much an early preview, I just wanted to put my money where my mouth was so to speak, given the history of this topic.

OK, over the next day or two, I'll test the code on Joomla 1.5 also and make any required adjustments. I now have a publicly accessible demo at http://www.secretcitydesigns.com, it is a simple site at this point in time to demo the operation of the login integration. You can login to check it's operation with the following account:

Username test
Password foroxen

If you want to try registering an account, you will have to register on the forums at this point in time. That is because the links on the login block have not been updated yet. This is very much an early preview, I just wanted to put my money where my mouth was so to speak, given the history of this topic.

Excellent! Haven't heard back from our friend yet, I think he had a full weekend of music gigs. :) I've skyped him a link to this thread so he can take a look too. :)

Over the past day or so, I have tested the plugin against Joomla 1.5 and fixed it so that the plugin will work with both the 1.5 and 1.6 version of Joomla. However, I have come across a number of issues in the current jfusion 1.6 release that prevent it from being useful at this time when running under that release.

For the time being, I'm releasing the first version of the code for use with Joomla 1.5 and jfusion 1.5.5 only. It will not work correctly with Joomla 1.6, so please don't report issues against that version.

I have quickly written install instructions and made the plugin available here http://www.martinc.me.uk/jfusion. If you think you have a use for the plugin, please download it and test it against your Joomla installation. But do not use it on a live site at this stage, as it needs wider testing to be sure that it is not going to cause a problem.

The current functionality allows you to login as any of your xenforo users from within Joomla. The user synchronisation is untested at this point, so if you have the same user in both installations, it may cause problems.

I'm now going to start work on an addon for XenForo (which should be an easy one) to make XenForo clear the Joomla session when you use the forums logout button. After that, I'll be working on the user synchronisation part of Jfusion. Let me know how it goes if you try the plugin.

Can I just suggest that the posts relating to the work done by Coop be split from this thread and moved to a new topic, then readers will not need to scroll through 5 pages of posts leading nowhere to get to the meat of the topic.

I'm currently in the process of writing the addon to handle the XenForo side of things (making the logout on the forums also clear the Joomla session etc.). Once I have that done, I'll be creating a topic in the addon forum for the addon and will place all further info relating to the jfusion plugin in that topic.

I see that you uploaded a very first version of a xenforo plugin for jfusion. How it works? I'm very interested to buy xenforo but Joomla is very important to me.

I see that you uploaded a very first version of a xenforo plugin for jfusion. How it works? I'm very interested to buy xenforo but Joomla is very important to me.

Hi fernas,
I'm currently testing a much improved version of this plugin and will release it with further details in the next 2-3 days. I'll provide full details of what the plugin does and how to configure it at that stage.

Thanks for the response. I only have one question. Your plugin is compatible with the jfusion modules (like activity and others)?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I've only just started this plugin, so at this point in time, the various jfusion modules are untested. They may work, but I just haven't had time to test them specifically. Once the login integration is working properly and the user synchronisation is working, I'll be moving on to testing and fixing any issues with those modules.

I would expect it to be about another 3-4 weeks to get to the point where all modules except the search integration are working. The search integration is one that I don't know well enough to give a timescale, so will be left until last.

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom