JFusion plugin for Xenforo

There was somone who offered to add XF to Jfusion but insisted being paid upfront which a lot of members didn't want to because it started to stink :D

I think in a few months when xenforo becomes gold, there will be solutions for more other CMS systems integration. We have wordpress now, which is awsome but joomla, drupal, oscommerce, magento etc. is frequently wanted and obviously needed.

This was an interesting thread to read. Looks like if the OP had accepted he would have been paid over $1000 for this. Everyone was offering money all over the place. Too bad he wanted the $ up front which is his right, but doesnt look like a good business move.

Yeah just forget about it until a reasonable developer comes along - and they will. He never showed any evidence of anything and judging by the spelling in his signature over on the jfusion forum - his attention to detail probably isnt that great either! ;)

I own some swamp land great for condo development.. The first one to transfer 20 thousand into my PP can see a picture of it. ;)

Our need for a jFusion plugin is ratcheting up as well. Alan, the jFusion dev that built/maintains the vBulletin plugin is a solid, reliable person (I've worked with him in the past) and I know he does custom jFusion plugins. Does anyone know a reliable method that we could use to pools funds via escrow or something similar?

I can get in touch with Alan and see if he'd be interested in doing the plugin. The vB one he did is excellent, with good functionality (using the forum as the comment engine etc), and he's been excellent about providing support and maintenance for it.

How many people here are still interested in getting this thing built?

James

(of James and Susan)

Our need for a jFusion plugin is ratcheting up as well. Alan, the jFusion dev that built/maintains the vBulletin plugin is a solid, reliable person (I've worked with him in the past) and I know he does custom jFusion plugins. Does anyone know a reliable method that we could use to pools funds via escrow or something similar?

I can get in touch with Alan and see if he'd be interested in doing the plugin. The vB one he did is excellent, with good functionality (using the forum as the comment engine etc), and he's been excellent about providing support and maintenance for it.

How many people here are still interested in getting this thing built?

James

(of James and Susan)

I am pretty sure there are many people here who are ready to support the person who can do the work :)

You can ask the Person to join xenforo and take a look at this Thread i am pretty sure he will be interested to take this job :P

There's another Dev we know a lot better that *might* have the time. I talked to him tonight and he said he'd take a look at the vB plugin and see what's involved. He's got a Joomla!/vB site that he's thinking of moving to XF too, so he's motivated. If he's got the time I'd trust him in a heartbeat, he's done a lot of really tricky work for us in the past with vB (some HEAVY customization of the way our Gallery, and Forum threads tie into each other, image section "Notes" like flicker etc).

One way or the other we want to see this thing built. :)

jfusion can be configured to handle the passing of usergroup information between the different applications, providing that the plugins are written to support that feature. Of course, you will still need to set the appropriate permissions within each application as CMS permissions cannot easily be mapped to forum permissions etc.

Does jfusion handle usergroup premissions? Or only login?
Permissions and Logins.
and it can share Content in terms of searching (searches in vBulletin can show Joomla content).
some plugins have discussion bots (ie. vBulletin can be the comments to a Joomla article)
It *can* be designed to share alot .... avatars .... etc.

Permissions and Logins.

Sorry, thats not the case at all. Jfusion gives you the ability to map groups between joomla groups and the external software when you enable the advanced group mapping function. Permissions are a completely different thing and are created in each piece of software seperately. The permission sets are then assigned to user groups. Of course, this also requires that the plugin concerned has implemented the functionality to list user groups.

Very interesting. Does that mean I can use jreview and other Joomla plugins? What integrations are missing? I assume there is no SE sitemap integration.

I see JF has a lot of login integration problems with vbulletin.
It would be awesome if Mike & Kier would get into contact with these guys and get full XF integration going. Surely this would be a major leap in the position of XF if it has seamless Joomla integration.

Maybe some enthusiastic Coder will do a xFcms (hmm should i get the rights to this short? ;) ) That would be, personally, the best solution.
Maybe Jaxel will expand his, right now quit good, Portal. Whatever will happen, if its a usefull Software i would also pay for it.

Id also still consider donating to the cause as long as i still have a need for it.. But if i wind up ditching Joomla beforehand i wont be bothered with this one way or another.

Top Bottom