JFusion plugin for Xenforo

I don't understand why ZC has to be separate from the rest as it is a branch of osCommerce. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_Cart

They really are not that different.

You could look into the exisiting plugin and give it a try i guess then, wouldn't cost anything trying.

Infinite loop ask me in a week if im on the jfusion team ;) (saw your post in another topic), and donations havn't budged and your over pressuring me to show examples even though for obvious reasons you can't do a "partial" plugin, so I will show an external login example with wordpress before christmas.

and FYI if your looking to jfusion dev team members of the current time you can pay $1000 if you want it doing by someone with an existing status, but like I said $1000 vs $400 (£250) and soon to be new team member vs long time team member. I am more than willing to help you get hwevers (from jfusion team) who offered to make it before, on this project and give the license I have to him and spread the word for him here but depends what you all want. There is already proof of my experience and that I am more of capable of doing this, but there is always a second offer. Any comments?

How old are you ?! and I don't mean it in any bad way :)

But the world doesn't work your way ... more to the point, you shouldn't push for donations ... get the plugin working, link your page.. and lots of us will donate :)

How old are you ?! and I don't mean it in any bad way :)

But the world doesn't work your way ... more to the point, you shouldn't push for donations ... get the plugin working, link your page.. and lots of us will donate :)

19, but like i explained before i cant work on the doing it then waiting for contributions. Im not limited for freelance work I wont have no jobs if i dont do this i normally get regular work. Just would be nice to work on this since i need the bridge myself some point in the future. Also no rush but just better sooner than later, I know this isnt convinient but i cant put in 40+ hours of work with bills and living to pay with maybes after done.

You could look into the exisiting plugin and give it a try i guess then, wouldn't cost anything trying.

Infinite loop ask me in a week if im on the jfusion team ;) (saw your post in another topic), and donations havn't budged and your over pressuring me to show examples even though for obvious reasons you can't do a "partial" plugin, so I will show an external login example with wordpress before christmas.

and FYI if your looking to jfusion dev team members of the current time you can pay $1000 if you want it doing by someone with an existing status, but like I said $1000 vs $400 (£250) and soon to be new team member vs long time team member. I am more than willing to help you get hwevers (from jfusion team) who offered to make it before, on this project and give the license I have to him and spread the word for him here but depends what you all want. There is already proof of my experience and that I am more of capable of doing this, but there is always a second offer. Any comments?

Trust me once you have your Plugin out you will be more then happy to see people appreciating your works donating couples of bucks isn't that hard but until the product is out people hardly donate ...same goes for Freelancing i did couples of sites people always paid me 25% upfront and rest 75% after everything was handed to them . This is how everything works . Once you have your plugin out you will have many more chances of getting more donations from people if products works the way they want .

Yeh I know thats how it normally works but I have had 0 donations so far from anyone apart from 1 (only 1o quid donation form a friend), and I already have a JFusion plugin for prestashop already out.

Like I said im willing to show that I know how xenforo works a little bit freely but 0 upfront and preventing myself from getting much other work from dedicating my time to this is just unfair, and impossible todo since all my money comes from freelancing. Like I said I "really" have no other options. If I can't d it this way I'll simply have to leave it and see if someone else picks up the opportunity.

Yeh I know thats how it normally works but I have had 0 donations so far from anyone apart from 1 (only 1o quid donation form a friend), and I already have a JFusion plugin for prestashop already out.

Like I said im willing to show that I know how xenforo works a little bit freely but 0 upfront and preventing myself from getting much other work from dedicating my time to this is just unfair, and impossible todo since all my money comes from freelancing. Like I said I "really" have no other options. If I can't d it this way I'll simply have to leave it and see if someone else picks up the opportunity.

If you think Pushing people for donation will help i doubt it won't . Give your time bring the Product out like i said you won't regret about it . You can check activity on active plugin like xenmedia and people's responses , you are not only one developer who is putting their time and efforts to help this community many others are unemployed too and doing their best to help people like us :P

If you think Pushing people for donation will help i doubt it won't . Give your time bring the Product out like i said you won't regret about it . You can check activity on active plugin like xenmedia and people's responses , you are not only one developer who is putting their time and efforts to help this community many others are unemployed too and doing their best to help people like us :p

Jaxel's addons are currently the most popular ones and people are donating, buying his work. He is also one of most active plugin developers here in XenForo. A very good example for Truemedia.

I can understand you point of view but that wouldn't work here Truemedia. If you were here long enough you would see this is a very active community with people who actually appreciate the work is done. Since people are not familiar with your work, have not directly interacted with you and seems not entirely sure that you can pull this off (please don't get me wrong, not meant in a bad way) I would consider the crowds opinion on this. Make a plugin, let people know it's working and let the donations flow. This would also be huge advertise for your future projects here.

But that said, you made clear you have a strong opinion on this matter. It's up to you.

Jaxel's addons are currently the most popular ones and people are donating, buying his work. He is also one of most active plugin developers here in XenForo. A very good example for Truemedia.

I can't understand you point of view but that wouldn't work here Truemedia. If you were here long enough you would see this is a very active community with people who actually appreciate the work is done. Since people are not familiar with your work, have not directly interacted with you and seems not entirely sure that you can pull this off (please don't get me wrong, not meant in a bad way) I would consider the crowds opinion on this. Make a plugin, let people know it's working and let the donations flow. This would also be huge advertise for your future projects here.

But that said, you made clear you have a strong opinion on this matter. It's up to you.

Exactly i was trying to make same point regarding Jaxel's Plugins :P I am myself going for Premium Edition which is worth investing.

Are people not reading exactly what I type or something lol? I AM self employed (not long ago was unemployed) but I freelance for a living officially.

I'm not pushing anyone for a donation, just because I'll say I won't start til there is donations upfront doesn't mean im forcing people to do it right now. I could start the project whenever as long as the money is there before I start (could be a year if people randomly decide they are sick of waiting).

I am not the only person offering these services <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Also I am not in a financially difficult situation, I have a lot of other work, and this is simply a work offer. I work for a living, and my work is web developement, and time is money. Like I said im not bad off with money but if I don't work for a couple of weeks it would seriously change my situation entirely.

I can't understand you point of view but that wouldn't work here Truemedia. If you were here long enough you would see this is a very active community with people who actually appreciate the work is done. Since people are not familiar with your work, have not directly interacted with you and seems not entirely sure that you can pull this off (please don't get me wrong, not meant in a bad way) I would consider the crowds opinion on this. Make a plugin, let people know it's working and let the donations flow. This would also be huge advertise for your future projects here.

I made a JFusion plugin for Prestashop (an ecommerce software) and can go through a serious amount of exmples of my ability and legitimacy. There is 0 reasons why I shouldn't be able to do this project in a way that works for both me and users of this plugin.

Are people not reading exactly what I type or something lol? I AM self employed (not long ago was unemployed) but I freelance for a living officially.

I'm not pushing anyone for a donation, just because I'll say I won't start til there is donations upfront doesn't mean im forcing people to do it right now. I could start the project whenever as long as the money is there before I start (could be a year if people randomly decide they are sick of waiting).

Also I am not in a financially difficult situation, I have a lot of other work, and this is simply a work offer. I work for a living, and my work is web developement, and time is money. Like I said im not bad off with money but if I don't work for a couple of weeks it would seriously change my situation entirely.

LoL if there is enough donation of your target : Project starts early and Product will be available very soon .

If there is not enough donations - It might take long enough to startoff or Product to come out and people might be sick of waiting .

I am sorry i hate to argue but in this case you are just forcing people enough for donation i understand you can do it but well i haven't seen your work or i don't know if Plugin will have everything that i want and i don't how long will i have to wait to get my Project live who are waiting for it out there.

LoL if there is enough donation of your target : Project starts early and Product will be available very soon .

If there is not enough donations - It might take long enough to startoff or Product to come out and people might be sick of waiting .

I am sorry i hate to argue but in this case you are just forcing people enough for donation i understand you can do it but well i haven't seen your work or i don't know if Plugin will have everything that i want and i don't how long will i have to wait to get my Project live who are waiting for it out there.

Read every single post I have made on this topic, I have repeated everything everybody has asked so many times. Check prestashop, check jfusion, check phpbb, check my clients and references, check my finished existing products/portfollio, check my identity, check my earnings. All the information is here.

This thread is very counter productive now and I see no point in any of us trying to argue the point. Someone will come along and do it in time, without all this nonsense.

I've answered all the questions from everyone interested in the plugin, offered free work, showcased existing work, and discussed options of getting it done. I have been very patient in keeping track of everything discusssed. How is that counter productive? There is no nonsense involved in working for a living.

You have one problem Truemedia : License

You are releasing this under Open source ? MIT ? commercial ?
You are trying to pass a "commercial" license under an open source guise. That's wrong.

If it's a commercial license then show us the product, if we agree to your terms then we will buy and even help you sell (if it's a good quality code)
if it's open source then don't even mention money
So make up your mind on the license and follow its rules.
Does that make sense to you ?

You have one problem Truemedia : License

You are releasing this under Open source ? MIT ? commercial ?
You are trying to pass a "commercial" license under an open source guise. That's wrong.

If it's a commercial license then show us the product, if we agree to your terms then we will buy and even help you sell (if it's a good quality code)
if it's open source then don't even mention money
So make up your mind on the license and follow its rules.
Does that make sense to you ?
http://www.jfusion.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6620
http://www.jfusion.org/
http://code.google.com/p/jfusion/source/browse/branches#

I have no misunderstandings it just noone is reading everything I have wrote just skim reading. For reference I am doing what hwevers did with the wordpress plugin, make sense? It is open source and its is based on sponsor type contribution. Please read through all my posts im spending a lot of time repeating myself.

For reference I am doing what hwevers did with the wordpress plugin, make sense? It is open source and its is based on sponsor type contribution. Please read through all my posts im spending a lot of time repeating myself.
Since you refer to hwevers so many times, I recommend that you actually contact him about a bridge for XenForo <-> Joomla.

After contacting the XenForo staff regarding a free development license for the development of the bridge, I did talk with hwevers on the 8th November about it (and forwarded the XenForo staff message to him).

He brought up a few very good points which have to be thought about and even discussed with the XenForo staff _before_ even starting to work on the brige, or collect money.
Simply because the outcome of this evaluation would mean that a bridge is not possible (or interesting for jFusion).

What you seem to either ignore or not understand is that WordPress is released under GPLv2. But XenForo is a commercial product. And depending on what the XenForo staff wants/allows, this can have an huge impact on the bridge.

Since you refer to hwevers so many times, I recommend that you actually contact him about a bridge for XenForo <-> Joomla.

After contacting the XenForo staff regarding a free development license for the development of the bridge, I did talk with hwevers on the 8th November about it (and forwarded the XenForo staff message to him).

He brought up a few very good points which have to be thought about and even discussed with the XenForo staff _before_ even starting to work on the brige, or collect money.
Simply because the outcome of this evaluation would mean that a bridge is not possible (or interesting for jFusion).

What you seem to either ignore or not understand is that WordPress is released under GPLv2. But XenForo is a commercial product. And depending on what the XenForo staff wants/allows, this can have an huge impact on the bridge.

I referenced hwevers once, mentioned other times him as another person open to the work since everyone is ignoring what im saying, and just questioning my credentials when everything you need to know is written here. I looked into the license myself and nothing conflicted with me making a plugin that extracts data, modifies data, and inserts data externally. I had a job offer previously for a jfusion integration with a commercial software that I also looked into the license and the only problem was i was restricted to api's.

Iv'e offered work and its work there, don't underestimate me if you won't bother to look at my previous work.
It's obvious people are been over critical in the wrong areas and if you don't want my offer dont take it.

Truemedie, by your eagerness to ask for donations you have actually discouraged people from helping. It's like trying to get a girl. The more you push her, the less your chance for a bed fun.:)

Truemedie, by your eagerness to ask for donations you have actually discouraged people from helping. It's like trying to get a girl. The more you push her, the less your chance for a bed fun.:)

I only tried to make it clear and help, but I guess I will stay silent and watch now. Nothing else to be said or done, and tryna convince people when all they can do is criticize is just :mad:.

Top Bottom