JFusion plugin for Xenforo

Will try to Donate if i see this thing being released anytime soon till end of this year got couples of pending Projects which might be useful.

Thanks again awesome-o, Ive got the email with license and im setting it up tonight. This will cut the dev price to 250£ since I no longer need to buy a license. Im going to look into the code during the weekend and taking notes of what I need to work on.

I won't be able to start completely until the donations are in. I freelance for a living and constantly have to dedicate my time to clients to make a living, so I need to be able to pay my way to give time to doing this project. As i said before all donations are done through paypal and if the plugin isnt done or donations dont reach the goal then everything will be refunded. I understand and trust some of you are willing to contribute once its made but like I said i need to allocate the time for certain and still be able to pay my way. So appologies on rushing contributions but they are needed to start, I hope you can understand why I am limited to making it this way.

TrueMedia: Is it possibleto get the plugin working for Login integration alone first (as a good faith sign you'll finish the plugin).
TrueMedia: Don't you think this is reasonable ?

Zencart should be discussed in another thread ?

Exactly what features would the completed plugin have ?
Frameless ?
Dual login/logout "Single Sign-On/Out" ?
AJAX user synch ?

Here is some of the software once this plugin is done you could use with Xenforo using JFusion: Joomla, Magento, Moodle, PrestaShop, WordPress, Elgg, Dokuwiki, gallery2, oscommerce, efront, and more. Post if you have any questions or want more information on contributing, thanks.
It's awesome we will be able to seamlessly use WordPress and Xenforo together with JFusion. Since XenForo lacks a community gallery I wish PhotoPost Pro was in the list.

Ive already commited to a donation and now that there is a license in place all i need to know is where to donate and how will we be able to keep track of this plugins progress?

Also +1 on a a gallery integration..

In response to digitaldoctor: My time has been seriously strictly limited for the time being and lots of currents plans so have to plan ahead for the bigger picture with dedicated and allocated time not individual segments. and yes and yes for other questions.

Also i will post info of plugin on www.mediacityonline.net/store

I understand and trust some of you are willing to contribute once its made but like I said i need to allocate the time for certain and still be able to pay my way. So appologies on rushing contributions but they are needed to start, I hope you can understand why I am limited to making it this way.
No worries, thanks.

Offer rescinded.

Im not really feeling this anymore.. Would still love to have this, but the whole i need money now and will get to it when i get to it thing just doesn't work for me personally.

Its isnt that i need the money now, i could start the project at a later date its just like i said before planning ahead. My time is limited how much i can spend on any project since I freelance for a living and work based on what requests and when.

Just while interest is very keen seems like the best time, I doubt contributions would come in a month after the topic is dead. Dont feel you have to contribute a major amount either, its whatever your comfortable with.

I do have a lot of opportunities for work so its no skin off my back if it isnt made, but it would be nice to use xenforo as my own integrate forum in future. No time limits just allocated planning.

once the plugin is finished it will be FREE to everyone.

Does everyone get the idea here ?

Truemedia will do the work, and then the plugin is free after that.
That is why the upfront costs.

The only problem I see so far is that the details of what cost for what features hasn't been established.
Saying a "Plugin" will be made is quite vague. I wouldn't want people to say after the plugin is finished ... "What ? It doesn't sync my "Xenforo likes" to Joomla! ?".

there are more things to concern...what if it works for B3 after its "finished" but is completely broken for RC2? Is it maintained by anyone? Will JFusion-team support it? Is he even able to create a JF-plugin? Sorry but I guess no one will just throw money around in the hope that someone do something just because he said so. Its a regular freelance job without the consequences for the freelancer...

When I look at the vb-plugin from Jfusion there is still constantly work to do/bugs to fix/features to implement, it doesnt really help if someone creates a plugin but doesnt fully maintain it afterwords. So we have a "free" plugin but maybe useless with next beta/RC cause something changed.

Imho there is enough money-potential in such plugin to create it properly and keep it maintained on the long run. Theres no need for upfront-donations if the coder plan to support it for a long time. Why collect 500$ now when you can make much more on an anual or one time fee per installation?

When I look at the vb-plugin from Jfusion there is still constantly work to do/bugs to fix/features to implement

Frameless vBulletin is terrible. Hard to do for vB3 and not possible for vB4.
The login and user sync stuff works well.

Imho there is enough money-potential in such plugin to create it properly and keep it maintained on the long run. Theres no need for upfront-donations if the coder plan to support it for a long time. Why collect 500$ now when you can make much more on an anual or one time fee per installation?

Agreed !
I think a jfusion plugin for xenforo needs to be a paid plugin.

You need to read all my posts to understand. Like digitaldoctor said this will be a FREE plugin, it will be officially supported by the jfusion team and cone included with jfusion in future for as long as jfusion is alive (i dobt see an ending for a very long time) which means it will be supported for the lifetime of xf for the latest release constantly.

I don't actually care about money potential i would rather just get paid for the initial job and allow to be free to everyone and open source. No jfusion plugins which are maintained for a lifetime come expecting people to pay there way to access it. If you are really questioning my credability just look at the jfusion svn for prestashop (i have access as a developer) you will see my name, look at my other work on the prestashop site, abd even wait until they announce me joining the team.

There will be no change in how the plugin is distributed, doing it as all the others plugins are. Like ive said a few times this is the best method, one upfront cost for the entire job including lifetime updates and support. Question any point but this is the way it will be done.

it will be officially supported by the jfusion team and cone included with jfusion in future for as long as jfusion is alive (i dobt see an ending for a very long time) which means it will be supported for the lifetime of xf for the latest release constantly.
So you say that they will officially support a plugin they did not create? :S

I'd like to see an jFusion official confirming that. Because this is unusual.

I am soon to be a jfusion official, because ive already created a plugin that will be in jfusion 1.6 i uploaded it to the official svn myself. Its normally individual members of the team that creat plugins and then any future work from any member references there work.

The wordpress plugin just made was sponsored and only created by hwevers. Listen to what im saying dude and check at jfusion site, its all there.

Top Bottom