Jaxel's Sub Forum Grid Listings...

Jaxel's Sub Forum Grid Listings...

Jaxel

Jaxel submitted a new resource:

Jaxel's Sub Forum Grid Listings... - A refining of my popular sub forum grids!

Almost 2 years ago, I wrote a guide on how to add sub forum grids to your forum listings. The template modification has been insanely popular on XF forums that Kier has recently put his own implementation into the stock XF1.2.

Unfortunately, I don't like Kier's version. I prefer my version, and I imagine many forum admins feel the same since my version shows nested sub forums as well. However, my version has up until now did not follow responsive design. So this new guide is for how to make a...

Read more about this resource...

People will love this, well done.

Bit confused about the implementation, however.

It would save people a lot of work if you released these templates and modifications and exported them as an installable add-on.

Should you ever need to, it would be a lot easier then for those people who need this if they could just upgrade an add-on.

Just my opinion, but as a guide, you might as well have just told people to do manual template edits, as the TM system is more of a tool for add-on developers.

People will love this, well done.

Bit confused about the implementation, however.

It would save people a lot of work if you released these templates and modifications and exported them as an installable add-on.

Should you ever need to, it would be a lot easier then for those people who need this if they could just upgrade an add-on.

Just my opinion, but as a guide, you might as well have just told people to do manual template edits, as the TM system is more of a tool for add-on developers.
Unfortunately, all of these edits are part of my "EWRcustom" addon... which comprises ALL of my custom changes to XenForo... and there are A LOT.

Hi,

For node_forum_level_2 you say find: "#$#". What exactly am I supposed to be finding/replacing?

Thanks

It find the end of the string (ie, end of the template). You can ignore that and just do the "replace" in direct template edits (its suggested).

The two templates are listed in red on the main page.

thank for responding

those are the suggested template modification... (they also do not identify any template to edit) you stated that recommendation was to perform direct template edit. I wanted to know what template needs to be edited in order to get sub forum grid

found them

As I said above, the templates you need to edit are posted in red. Template modifications need to be told which templates to edit. The first one is to be placed at the end of the template and the second is a find and replace.

As I said above, the templates you need to edit are posted in red. Template modifications need to be told which templates to edit. The first one is to be placed at the end of the template and the second is a find and replace.

I got it... took me a while to digest what was happening. sub forum grids are pretty cool, and they take a lot of work to set up properly.

It may be a find and replace to remove the old code. I don't use this template modification myself.

Anyone know how to disable/hide subforum childs for particular forums? I want to show one level of subforums for particular forums, but not their children.

how would you disable builtin XenForo listing?

Figured this out, just edit out the following code in node_forum_level_2:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$renderedChildren} AND {$level} == 2 AND @nodeListSubForumPopup">
                    <div class="Popup subForumsPopup">
                        <a href="{xen:link forums, $forum}" rel="Menu" class="cloaked" data-closemenu="true"><span class="dt">{xen:phrase sub_forums}:</span> {xen:number $forum.childCount}</a>

<div class="Menu JsOnly subForumsMenu">
                            <div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
                                <h3>{$forum.title}</h3>
                                <div class="muted">{xen:phrase sub_forums}</div>
                            </div>
                            <ol class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                            <xen:foreach loop="$renderedChildren" value="$child">
                                {xen:raw $child}
                            </xen:foreach>
                            </ol>
                        </div>
                    </div>
                </xen:if>

Also that's assuming you have checked "Show sub-forums popup" in Style Propertys > Forum / Node List

how would you disable builtin XenForo listing?
Under Style Properties > Forum / Node List, ensure that Show sub-forums popup is checked. As the description says, unchecking this option will list all sub-forums below the parent forum.

Top Bottom