• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Jaxel's Sub Forum Grid Listings...

Jaxel's Sub Forum Grid Listings...

Myke623

@Joe Link & @Straydog, from the resource description:

You'll notice that subforum entries have a fixed width of 200px. This really determines how many entries you are going to get per row and you can change this as you see fit.
So in the CSS provided:

.subForumsGrid .node { width: 200px; float: left; }​

... simply change the value of 200px to something smaller to your liking.

Myke623

Any element's style should be customisable within your EXTRA.css, so it's just a matter of finding the right element style to override.

After a quick inspection it appears the width of the sub-forum nodes is set in node_list.css as:

Code:
.node .subForumList li
        {
              float: left;
              width: 31%;
              margin: 2px 0 2px 2%;
        }
So try overriding the width?

Straydog

Any element's style should be customisable within your EXTRA.css, so it's just a matter of finding the right element style to override.

After a quick inspection it appears the width of the sub-forum nodes is set in node_list.css as:

Code:
.node .subForumList li
        {
              float: left;
              width: 31%;
              margin: 2px 0 2px 2%;
        }
So try overriding the width?
Seems to work. Thank you. Still not sure if I like the way it shows but better for sure. Now for some bullets... ;)

Has anyone styled the default Xenforo subforum features using EXTRA.css to add a little pizzazz?? I used the following code in my EXTRA.css file to change it from 3 columns to 4, and while I'd love to do some advanced styling, I'm kind of a newb when it comes to this.

Here's what I'm using for 4 columns on UI.X, if anyone's interested:

Code:
.node .subForumList li {
width: 20% !important;
}
I'd still like to add a subforum icon similar to the one Shelly offers here, but I need icons that can change to match the theme colors..