Jaxel's Sub Forum Grid Listings...

Jaxel's Sub Forum Grid Listings...

santamo

When the structure of the forum: Category-category - category - section - topic.
Nothing has been online.
If a Category - section - section - topic, then all is well.

How to make that work with the categories? Maybe I do not understand something - I do not know much English.
Sorry.

phaze3131

Help please! I can't find #$# on node_forum_level_2

Here's what I have:
Code:
<xen:require css="node_list.css" />
<xen:require css="node_forum.css" />

<li class="node forum level_{$level} {xen:if '{$level} == 1 AND !{$renderedChildren}', 'groupNoChildren'} node_{$forum.node_id}">

<xen:if is="{$level} == 1"><div class="categoryStrip subHeading"></div></xen:if>

<div class="nodeInfo forumNodeInfo primaryContent {xen:if $forum.hasNew, 'unread'}">

<span class="nodeIcon" title="{xen:if $forum.hasNew, '{xen:phrase unread_messages}', ''}"></span>

<div class="nodeText">
            <h3 class="nodeTitle"><xen:if is="{$watchCheckBoxName}"><input type="checkbox" name="{$watchCheckBoxName}" value="{$forum.node_id}" />&nbsp;</xen:if><a href="{xen:link forums, $forum}" data-description="{xen:if @nodeListDescriptionTooltips, '#nodeDescription-{$forum.node_id}'}">{$forum.title}</a></h3>

<xen:if is="{$forum.description} AND @nodeListDescriptions">
                <blockquote class="nodeDescription {xen:if @nodeListDescriptionTooltips, nodeDescriptionTooltip} baseHtml" id="nodeDescription-{$forum.node_id}">{xen:raw $forum.description}</blockquote>
            </xen:if>

<div class="nodeStats pairsInline">
                <dl><dt>{xen:phrase discussions}:</dt> <dd>{xen:if $forum.privateInfo, '&ndash;', {xen:number $forum.discussion_count}}</dd></dl>
                <dl><dt>{xen:phrase messages}:</dt> <dd>{xen:if $forum.privateInfo, '&ndash;', {xen:number $forum.message_count}}</dd></dl>
                <xen:if is="{$renderedChildren} AND {$level} == 2 AND @nodeListSubForumPopup">
                    <div class="Popup subForumsPopup">
                        <a href="{xen:link forums, $forum}" rel="Menu" class="cloaked" data-closemenu="true"><span class="dt">{xen:phrase sub_forums}:</span> {xen:number $forum.childCount}</a>

<div class="Menu JsOnly subForumsMenu">
                            <div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
                                <h3>{$forum.title}</h3>
                                <div class="muted">{xen:phrase sub_forums}</div>
                            </div>
                            <ol class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                            <xen:foreach loop="$renderedChildren" value="$child">
                                {xen:raw $child}
                            </xen:foreach>
                            </ol>
                        </div>
                    </div>
            </div>

{xen:raw $nodeExtraHtml}
        </div>

<xen:if is="{$renderedChildren} AND {$level} == 2 AND !@nodeListSubForumPopup">
            <ol class="subForumList">
            </ol>

<xen:hook name="node_forum_level_2_before_lastpost" params="{xen:array 'forum={$forum}'}" />

<div class="nodeLastPost secondaryContent">
            <xen:if is="{$forum.privateInfo}">
                <span class="noMessages muted">({xen:phrase private})</span>
            <xen:elseif is="{$forum.lastPost.date}" />
                <span class="lastThreadTitle"><span>{xen:phrase latest}:</span> <a href="{xen:link posts, $forum.lastPost}" title="{$forum.lastPost.title}">{$forum.lastPost.title}</a></span>
                <span class="lastThreadMeta">
                    <span class="lastThreadUser"><xen:if is="{xen:helper isIgnored, $forum.last_post_user_id}">{xen:phrase ignored_member}<xen:else /><xen:username user="$forum.lastPost" /></xen:if>,</span>
                    <xen:datetime time="$forum.lastPost.date" class="muted lastThreadDate" data-latest="{xen:phrase latest}: " />
                </span>
            <xen:else />
                <span class="noMessages muted">({xen:phrase contains_no_messages})</span>
        </div>

<div class="nodeControls">
            <a href="{xen:link forums/index.rss, $forum}" class="tinyIcon feedIcon" title="{xen:phrase rss}">{xen:phrase rss}</a>
        </div>

</div>

<xen:if is="{$renderedChildren} AND {$level} == 1">
        <ol class="nodeList">
            <xen:foreach loop="$renderedChildren" value="$child">{xen:raw $child}</xen:foreach>
        </ol>

</li>

Myke623

The "bullet points" are indicators for new posts.

As for the background colour, in the HTML step of Jaxel's instructions, when you created the HTML template (referred to as EWRcustom_node_level_2) you'll notice the following line:

Code:
<li class="subForumsContainer secondaryContent {xen:if '{$category.node_id}', 'grid_{$category.node_id}'} {xen:if '{$forum.node_id}', 'grid_{$forum.node_id}'}">
The "secondaryContent" is controlling the appearance of your sub-forums grid. Simply remove it to have no background, or replace it with a new class to style it differently.

Myke623

is there a way to get the bullet points to show for each sub-forum regardless of new posts or not?
In the CSS you create for this mod, the bullet points are defined here:

Code:
.subForumsGrid .node div.unread,
.subForumsGrid .node div.unread a:hover
{
background-image: url('@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/unread.png');
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: 0px 50%;
}
If you wanted bullets on all sub-forums, not just those with unread posts, then modify the above and remove the two instances of "div.unread". Note that I haven't tested this, so please let others know if this works for you.

If you wanted bullets on all sub-forums, not just those with unread posts, then modify the above and remove the two instances of "div.unread". Note that I haven't tested this, so please let others know if this works for you.
This does not work for me. Unfortunately i´m not a prof in CSS, so perhaps someone can explain me, how to handel this.

I want read/unread icons before the subforums, like here.

electrogypsy

I've been trying to figure this out for a long time. If you figure out it please share the solution. ;)
i have a feeling that the solution lies somewhere in the html template EWRcustom_node_level_2:

Code:
<xen:require css="EWRcustom_forum_list.css" />

<xen:if is="{$level} == 2 AND {$renderedChildren}">
<li class="subForumsContainer secondaryContent {xen:if '{$category.node_id}', 'grid_{$category.node_id}'} {xen:if '{$forum.node_id}', 'grid_{$forum.node_id}'}">
    <div class="subForumsGrid">
        <ol class="blockLinksList blockLinksGrid">
        </ol>
    </div>
</li>
maybe changing {$level} == 1 or removing the {$renderedChildren} ? im a little out of my depth here. i'll tinker around and get back to you.

Live Free

i have a feeling that the solution lies somewhere in the html template EWRcustom_node_level_2:

Code:
<xen:require css="EWRcustom_forum_list.css" />

<xen:if is="{$level} == 2 AND {$renderedChildren}">
    <div class="subForumsGrid">
        <ol class="blockLinksList blockLinksGrid">
        </ol>
    </div>
</li>
maybe changing {$level} == 1 or removing the {$renderedChildren} ? im a little out of my depth here. i'll tinker around and get back to you.
Hey,

Thanks for responding. I've tried both of this (98% sure, deff tried changing {$level} == 1) with no results. Did you have any luck?

DBA

Is there a way to turn this into an else conditional? Use it'll either be 'unread' or 'read'?

Code:
<div class="nodeInfo categoryForumNodeInfo {xen:if $category.hasNew, 'unread'}">