Japan just hit by magnitude 8.9 earthquake

That was really unnecessary. You have your beliefs, and we have ours. I'm pretty sure that we can co-exist, even post on the same forum, and in the same thread, without putting down each others' beliefs.

Let's try it, shall we? :)
He asked what is wrong with it, I merely gave my reasons for why I think it is. You can't expect to ask a question, and then not get a honest answer. You have to allow for some discussion, even on sensitive topics. You may believe what you want, and I will respect your right to do so. However it is in my right to give my opinion on your belief, especially when asked for it.

It is not my intention to directly put anyone down though. And I agree, for the sake of this thread it's best not to continue the discussion on beliefs.

Well, any science which we believe in is atleast as old as any "old books", if not older. It's only our understanding which changes.

Just saying. :)

Very religious people like Born again Christians, "and I mean no offence here". As I do believe in God myself, but I sure ain't no crackpot about it! Do get on my nerves when you talk about God with them. They won't be told any different and think they are always 100% right in what they say. And if you disagree with their point of view and beliefs, putting other ideas across for discussion about it in general. They just cannot take it and spit the dummy out big time.

It's like they've been brain-washed, and how dare you try and tell them different.

Very religious people like Born again Christians, "and I mean no offence here". As I do believe in God myself, but I sure ain't no crackpot about it! Do get on my nerves when you talk about God with them. They won't be told any different and think they are always 100% right in what they say. And if you disagree with their point of view and beliefs, putting other ideas across. They just cannot take it and spit the dummy out big time.
Bah most people are like that about anything, not just God or religion. However generalizing is not a good thing to do. I'm one of those born again Christians. :)

This thread is about earthquakes, not religion. Can we get back to that?

Well, I'm sure no one here is a crackpot. Thankfully. :D

And yes, I do agree with you. They do get on your nerves. But I believe that you would also agree with me that that's something go to do with their personality, thinking process and perhaps ego as well. Such people won't tolerate being told 'elsewise' about almost anything, not only religion. :)

But I believe that you would also agree with me that that's something go to do with their personality, thinking process and perhaps ego as well. Such people won't tolerate being told 'elsewise' about almost anything, not only religion. :)

Yes, that's generally the case, very true of the people I'm thinking about!

I've got absolutely ZERO problems with anyone else's belief system. As long as they extend me the same respect, I get along great with all stripes and denominations. My daughter takes it to the next level, she believes in everything; Jesus, Zeus, Ra, Thor, Bast, Artemis etc.

Unfortunately, very few people seem willing to return the favor, if you don't *agree* with them, then *clearly* there is something wrong with you.

Kinda like politics. ;)

Thus I avoid both topics like the plague, it's been my experience that it's simply NOT worth the aggravation/bad feelings.

We're all people. I like or dislike people based on their personality and character and that's it. Don't care if you're chartreuse, believe that we should all be ruled by whoever has the biggest collection of My Little Ponies, or spend every dawn in worship of the color blue. Either I like you as a *person*, or I don't. Period.

Has it been of a lesser magnitude than 7.1, that might be why? Plus, I think all focus is on one area in Japan because of the nuclear situation with those reactors doing a meltdown if they get hit by another big earthquake.

Has it been of a lesser magnitude than 7.1, that might be why? Plus, I think all focus is on one area in Japan because of the nuclear situation with those reactors doing a meltdown if they get hit by another big earthquake.

Maybe so, altho the one in Mexico got quite a bit of attention. they all three happened today. I thought that was rather odd and was sure the media would jump on it. They surprised me.

Without wanting to get all "End of the World" in 2012 by the Mayans. What was even more weird, was those stories a while back about those birds all falling dead out the sky (same breed), thousands of them. And all those fish (same thing) again. Both happened in the same week too.

I thought that was proper creepy unexplained stuff. :barefoot:

I've heard of fish die-offs before. But thousands of birds falling from the sky - in several different locations.
Proper creepy stuff is right.

Without wanting to get all "End of the World" in 2012 by the Mayans. What was even more weird, was those stories a while back about those birds all falling dead out the sky (same breed), thousands of them. And all those fish (same thing) again. Both happened in the same week too.

I thought that was proper creepy unexplained stuff. :barefoot:

well, they actually explained it in the media:
"the birds got a heart-attack"

..... all at once ? :rolleyes:

anyway, the are lots of radiactive accidents which are never reported in the media, hidden from the public and being kept confidential.
Japan just had bad luck that the media was at location because of the earthquake and the tsunami. if the media would not have been there, nobody would have ever get noticed about the Fukushima-accident.

I'm surprized nobody had tried to blame the bird deaths on Fukushima yet... especially the anti-nuclear protesters :D

anyway, the are lots of radiactive accidents which are never reported in the media, hidden from the public and being kept confidential.
Japan just had bad luck that the media was at location because of the earthquake and the tsunami. if the media would not have been there, nobody would have ever get noticed about the Fukushima-accident.
I think a year ago I read in Yahoo News about moving vehicles being randomly X-rayed by some gov.agency on the streets in the U.S. Imagine that!

Edit: Here is the article - http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0929/Feds-radiating-Americans-Mobile-X-ray-vans-hit-US-streets

Top Bottom