Japan just hit by magnitude 8.9 earthquake

i live here in Tokyo and headed up to some hard-hit areas.
271.jpg

My photos of what I witnessed here:
http://maxhodges.com

Ah, Max. I know you through a mutual friend. You don't know me though... Didn't realize this was the same Max, but it is now obviously clear that it is.

ah, small world haha! about to head over to Shibuya to record some band. have a good one!

You too, enjoy the night.

We're headed for a Udon dinner in Roppongi tonight. As much as I hate going there on a Saturday night... our favorite kyoto/kansai style Udon place is right next to 911.

Cheers.

i live here in Tokyo and headed up to some hard-hit areas.

My photos of what I witnessed here:
http://maxhodges.com

Impressive photos, and every person you see in them seems upbeat and no letting the situation get them down.

I would love to come work in Japan for a period on the nishikigoi farms, unfortunately with everything going on with the tsunami, I may wait until next year to do so.

Japan: Tsunami warning for north-east after earthquake

A tsunami warning has been issued for north-eastern Japan after an earthquake with a magnitude of 7.4 struck off the east coast of Honshu.

The tsunami is predicted to have a wave 1m (3ft) high. Those in the warning zone should move to high ground, Japanese TV said.

For all our friends there in Japan, I hope that you are on your way to safety and remain safe. Just when the Japanese may have started taking an easy breath...:(

And the 7.4 earthquake was downgraded to a 7.1. That's doesn't make it any better tho. Good grief, those poor people.

Also, Mexico was hit with an earthquake today as well.

MEXICO CITY – A magnitude-6.5 earthquake shook a wide area of southern and central Mexico on Thursday, sending people fleeing into the streets, but causing only minor reported damage.

The epicenter was located near Las Choapas, a town of about 83,000 residents about 370 miles (600 kilometers) southeast of Mexico City. It swayed buildings for several seconds in the capital, and in the Gulf coast state of Veracruz, people ran from their homes and school children assembled on playgrounds.

Near the epicenter, cracks in walls forced the evacuation of one elementary school, said Bernabe Hernandez Perez, head of civil protection in Las Choapas.

Gov. Javier Duarte de Ochoa said earlier that he had no reports of damage in the oil-producing state.
"Veracruz is completely quiet without problems," he told state television. "It was felt all over the state, but nothing major happened. It was only a scare."

The temblor also was felt strongly in the state of Chiapas, bordering Guatemala, where there also were no immediate reports of damage or injuries, as well as the Pacific coast state of Guerrero.

The U.S. Geological survey said the quake hit at a depth of 104 miles (167 kilometers).

Top Bottom